Goodbye 2016. Hello 2017.

Its that time of year where we say goodbye to a year where we either had one of the best and most productive years of our lives, or it was one of our toughest. Its time to move on and start fresh and try to heal from any struggles we may have encountered. Certainly, I won't be forgetting what's happened over the past year, but I will be embracing it, and accepting whats happened and use it to make myself a stronger better person. I am a strong believer in everything happens for a reason. I think its safe to say we have either all gone through a time of loss, heartbreak, anxiety, stress, or even depression over the course of this year, and even more for some. Its definitely safe to say I've encountered some of my lowest points over the past year, points where I felt so low about myself mentally and emotionally. I've had to deal with the stress levels of work, plus doing a degree, plus general life business. 

This time of year is a time to reflect, to reflect on the bad decisions we made, things that we didn't get to do or achieve. For example, I made a commitment to my blog over 2016, which I plan to continue on into 2017 and for many years to come. I decided to do a course in makeup artistry, and then I decided to enrol in another university course for 2017 as a Paramedic. Which is a huge step, and a big change considering what I had previously studied. Whether this is something that I will continue on into the future, but who knows right? Life is so unpredictable. 

Personally, I don't make new years resolutions. I like to make mental goals for myself and physical goals, and instead of completely changing something about myself, I look to improve. I look at taking a step forward into being a more healthier person, physically and mentally. To kick it off, I will be taking the cliche step into being a fitter healthier person. I plan to do this just for myself, to make myself feel better about myself, to boost my confidence and to put a positive outlook on life. I want to feel physically stronger and healthier, mentally and physically. I plan to spend more time focusing on me and my health as opposed to sweating the smaller stuff in life. 

Normally I tend to care more for other people than myself. This new year, I plan to take some time caring about myself. Whether its taking a time out every now and then, or just physically focusing on me instead of worrying about everyone else around me, I want to make that change. I want to enjoy life more, you never know when its going to be your last day. I want to live life with no regrets and take everything on board and embrace every opportunity. 

I want to surround myself with people who bring joy and light into my life. Who put a positive stamp on my life instead of wasting time fighting for "friends" who don't really care about the friendship at all. I would rather a small handful of close friends who I know I can count on and have a good time with, as opposed to 20 different friends. People walk in and out of your life all the time, whether they put a positive spin on it, or negative, its all for a reason. 

Throughout 2017, I plan to do more positive things. Whether its writing a positive sentence or statement in the morning and answering it at night. Or reading more positive thinking books, or doing the things that I have always wanted to do. Like go over seas, go stand up paddle boarding, jet ski riding, learn to surf, all these things that are still sitting on my bucket list that I started 2 years ago and just haven't completed. 

Anxiety was a killer over 2016. I want to take a stand and try and beat anxiety. I don't want it to effect my everyday life and prevent me from doing the things that I love and hanging out with friends. I am going to take a stand against fear, and not let it stop me. 

Its time for a new me, a new stronger, healthier, better minded me. A positive me. Someone who even though has had to face a lot of negatives over the past year alone, I want to find a reason. I want to feel like a bigger stronger person and be able to feel like I can tackle anything. Sure I will cry at some point, I might break down and I might get tired, however I know I am going to get back up again, start a new day and embrace what has happened and try to get a purpose out of it. Everything happens for a reason. 

Hopefully over this year you have also learnt a lot of things about yourself, whether its good or bad. I hope that 2017 brings you nothing but happiness and wellbeing and safety. I hope that you find your purpose and reason, career wise, love life wise, I hope you wake up every morning and smile and thankful for the life you were given. Remember, live each day like its your last and don't let the small stuff get to you. Be happy, smile. 

Have a safe and happy holidays, and I will talk to you all again, next year!! - Emily xx 

Comments

Popular Posts