My Updated Make Up Geek Eyeshadow Collection!


Hello everybody! I am back with another blog post for you all! I couldn't be more excited with the blog posts I have planned for you all and this one is just one of the very many I am super excited to share with you! So without further ado lets get into the blogpost! 

Makeup Geek by far is one of my favourite affordable eyeshadow brands out there in the market! I use Make Up Geek shadows on myself and clients all the time because I know I can rely on it! Makeup Geek is run by Marlena who also does YouTube videos! The quality and formula of these shadows are amazing and there is so many colours to choose from! The eyeshadows can only be bought on the Make Up Geek website and cost $6 USD each! Foiled and duo-chrome eyeshadows do retail for a little bit extra! 

The formula is so buttery and smooth and incredibly pigmented! There is a huge range of mattes and shimmers and even pressed pigments and duo-chrome and foiled shadows too! Some of the shadows I do have to say are a little powdery and can crumble but its because of their such silky soft texture but are still incredibly pigmented. This blogpost will contain EVERY single eyeshadow I own which is continuously growing I just can't help myself! So without further ado lets get into the swatches and shades! 

From left to right, the top row of shadows I own are; White Lies, Shimma Shimma, Beaches and Cream, Peach Smoothie, Chickadee, Creme Brulee and Latte. In the swatches Beaches & Cream and Peach Smoothie are swapped around, forgive me, I lost track! But that is the first row of shadows I own. These are just such beautiful, matte shades except for Shimma Shimma. The first two are my highlight shades and are must haves! The next are just beautiful warm transition shades perfect for the crease. Stunning shades that you need to have! 

Next row down is for sure more cool toned. From left to right again are; Cocoa Bear, Cinderella, Cosmopolitan, Grand Stand (foiled shadow), Unexpected, Cupcake and Mango Tango. These are more of the peachy pink and purple undertone shades which are beautiful for weddings or even formal/prom! Grandstand is a foiled eyeshadow and looks absolutely stunning with the other colours! I don't dive into this row as much as I want however all the shades are still stunning and handy to have and perfect for spring and summer!

This next row is another row I don't dive into as much as what I should but again left to right it goes; Poppy, Mesmerized (foiled shadow), Last Dance, Burlesque, Cherry Cola, Bitten and Americano. I know what you are probably thinking, a lot of those dark purples look exactly the same. Yeah you are right, you probably wont need all of those purples, I just like to collect them. Last Dance and Burlesque have some shimmer in them where as the others are matte. Americano is like a purple brown shade which can be used as a crease shade for these shades or for any brown smokey eye. The purple shades are slightly different to each other in a sense some have more purple tones and are darker than others however like I said, you wont need all these shades, just choose a few that are right for you if you are into dark, plum purple colours like these! Bitten is probably my favourite shade though! 

This is probably my second favourite row, the two end shades don't fit into my current Z palette so they sit in another one but I have included them in this one for you! From left to right; Showtime (foiled shadow), Flame Thrower (foiled shadow), Dirty Martini, Shimmer Mint, Havoc, Mermaid, Nautical and Houdini (foiled). My favourite shades in this row are probably Flame Thrower, Houdini, Dirty Martini and Havoc. Havoc says its just a normal eyeshadow however it have a beautiful brown reflect in it with greens and just beautiful undertones, very similar to the Insomnia pigment Make Up Geek has which I also own and very similar to Macs Blue Brown Pigment too. 

And that's it! Those are all the Make Up Geek Eye-shadows I currently own! If you would like to see more blogposts like this please let me know cause I would love to keep updating you guys on products I have purchased and collections like this! MUG is amazing and you have probably seen and herd them being used on YouTube all the time. 

Also I would love to hear your thoughts on me starting up a YouTube channel and create videos as well for you guys! If there is anything in particular you would like me to do or test out and review for you guys please let me know I am open to ideas and would love to hear what you would like to see!!

Thank you guys so much for reading, and until next time, I will speak to you all again, very very soon! 

- Emily xx 




Comments

Popular Posts