2016 October Favourites!!

Can you believe it is now November and Christmas is just next month! How crazy fast has time flown? This month I actually have quite a few favourites this month makeup wise, because as you guys know towards the end and beginning of October I did a huge Sephora and Mecca makeup haul, which meant this past month I have been constantly using those products and now have a few favourites to share! So without further ado, lets jump straight on in! 

I am going to start off with I guess, face/base products just to go in order, the first favourite I have is from Too Faced and it is their Hangover RX replenishing face primer. This primer contains coconut water, probiotic based ingredients and skin revivers. I love this primer!! Its silicon free so it doesn't clog up your pores or anything its just such a nice smooth, hydrating base for your skin. As I say in almost every blogpost, I have severely dry, dehydrated skin and this honestly just lifts my skin up and makes it look fresh and hydrated ready for a face of makeup. The consistency is quite watery so you don't need much at all! I love the packaging and the fact its a pump based product not a squeeze tube! The primer itself once you rub it into the skin, it goes a little tacky which is great when applying foundation, it just means that it really is going to cling onto that foundation and make it last all day which I LOVE! Highly recommend! If you don't like coconut, you won't like this product as it is also heavily coconut scented! 

The foundation I have been using and abusing this month is the Makeup Forever, Ultra HD liquid foundation. I do actually have a first impression blog post written and ready to post on this foundation, which really I forgot to upload before uploading this blogpost, so please excuse that but because I do want to upload that in a few days I won't babble on too much about this foundation other than the fact I freaking love it! I love that it doesn't cling to my dry patches, or sink into any of my fine lines or pores which is just a big thing for me when it comes to foundations! I love that it still looks like skin and is so natural and lasts all day. The colour I have is R260 and its the perfect shade as well. Like I said, I won't go on too much about it so if you want to hear more about it just keep an eye out for my next blogpost! ;) 

A concealer that I have been really enjoying using lately is again by Too Faced, this is their Born This Way concealer, I am in the shade Fair. Honestly, I wish I got a lighter shade because this is almost the same shade as majority of my foundations which is really annoying, so I will definitely be getting a lighter shade. I didn't like this concealer when I first started using it, I thought it lacked coverage and it just has this awful weird smell, which I am not sure if I actually got a bad one or not, but I did warm up to it over a few weeks. I actually quite like the thin, creamy consistency and coverage, it makes it really easy to blend and it doesn't cling to the dryness I have under my eyes. It does crease really quickly which was one of the main reasons I wasn't too keen on it at first but I just make sure I set it straight away and do one eye at a time. Hopefully I just got a bad one and a new one might have better coverage and not as bad smell but I still have been using it almost everyday I wear makeup and I just really like how it blends and sits on my skin! 

I have finally gotten into the Nars Laguna bronzer/contouring powder! My cousin actually gave me this one, that is why it is so disgusting and looks like its been used and abused, which it has, it has completely hit pan I really need to get a new one! However, I love the packaging, I love the soft black packaging I think its super luxurious and sleek looking but it just gets extremely mucky as you can see! I just love the tone and colour of this bronzer, it is PERFECT for contouring your face and also to use as an all over bronzer. Sometimes I will even dip my fluffy blending eyeshadow brush and chuck it in the crease of my eye if I just don't feel like wearing eyeshadow but I still want to add a little dept and dimension. It is very expensive but its just such a nice natural looking bronzer that you can really build up or just wear as a subtle contour or bronze look. I love that it is matte of course and easy to blend as well. I have just been really enjoying using this even if I am late to the band wagon on this one! 

Another bronzer that I have been using to death is the Too Faced, Semi Sweethearts baked luminous bronzer! Can we just take a moment to appreciate the packaging of this bronzer. I just love Too Faced packaging, they really do it right when it comes to packaging and the quality of their makeup, its just phenomenal! Anyway, I love this for an all over face bronzer. I love the two different tones it has how you can either mix it together or just stick to one side. I like to mix it together and apply it with a big stippling brush which I really should have also mentioned in this blogpost but anyway! I just love how smooth and velvety this bronzer also feels. Its such a natural, luminous looking bronzer and I just loved "baked" products in general. I just don't know what else to say about it, its a great bronzer, highly recommend! 

Now, you guys know how much I love my Kathleen Lights x Makeup Geek highlighter palette, but this little highlighter I have been using as a bit of a highlighter topper and on its own as well! This is the Elf baked blush in the shade Pink Tastic. This is definitely not a blush. I actually bought this because Kathleen has mentioned this so many times on her channel and I just saw it in the shops and had to try it! I honestly love it. I love how subtle it can be but also love how you cam build it up to be an intense highlight. The bright pink specs that you can see through it, do not show up on your face at al! I love how its a nice thin, baked, smooth consistency. Its not chunky at all on the skin, its not glittery at all. Its just so luminous and bronze golden. I love it! It looks amazing on its own or on top of another highlighter, I love it. So inexpensive yet so so good in quality. LOVE! 

Moving onto mascara, now, this mascara I also wasn't a huge fan of when I tried it straight away, but I worked with it a little bit and gave it a little bit of time, and I actually really like it now. This is the Too Faced, Better Than Sex mascara. This is just the regular version, not the waterproof. This mascara is super volumizing. Do I think its the most volumizing mascara I have ever tried? No, I definitely think the Maybelline, Lash Sensational has way more volume to it but this still does give enough to really make your lashes stand out. I love that it just blackens my lashes and coats every single one really well, which I am actually quite surprised about, because the applicator is HUGE which I didn't like at first but I am finding ways to work with it. I normally prefer rubber brush applicators as opposed to these ones but I managed. It does get everywhere so if you have long thick lashes naturally like I do, definitely make sure you be careful cause it can get everywhere! It lasts on my lashes, it doesn't crumble off. I do curl my lashes everytime I put mascara on not only to intensify the mascara and make it stand out but because my lashes do stick out they don't curl at all. So keep that in mind, curling your lashes definitely does help! I don't mind this mascara, I will continue to use it and think its great for everyday wear! 

Surprisingly I have really been loving the Anastasia Beverley Hills, dip brow pomade in the shade Ebony, which is a super dark, rich brown colour. I say surprisingly because I have never really tried a pomade before, more the fact I have just been scared too, I am scared it will make my brows look super thick and just clumpy I suppose, but it really doesn't! It is actually so easy to work with, a little goes a really long way, it is so creamy and easy to blend. This is the perfect colour for my brows as well, it doesn't dry out. It stays in place, ALL DAY, throughout water, everything, it is great for that!  I mainly use it to just outline my brows and fill in the tail end and then I will go over with a shadow just to soften it out a little and have a bit of a colour gradient going on. However I have really been loving this product. I am so surprised at how easy it is to use so for that reason, I highly recommend this product! 

And finally a setting spray, again, super late on the band wagon with this one. This is the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray. I LOVE IT! I have the smaller, travel sized version that I take around with me and its honestly not that expensive just for the travel size. It lasted me a super long time however I think its almost gone now! I use it every single time I wear makeup. It honestly locks my makeup into place, all day and all night, I love how hydrating it is for my skin as well. It says to use 2-4 sprays in a X and T formation on the face but honestly I just drench my face in this because I just love it so much! Definitely going to be getting the full size and another smaller travel size just to take with me on the go when I am going out with friends and getting ready at their houses and don't want to bring a huge bottle with me! I love it! Highly recommend it truly works and is worth the money! 

Oh I also forgot, I have a brush I just want to give a quick little shout out too. This is by Zoeva and it was recommended to me by my cousin for foundation. This is their buffer brush, its either 103 or 105. It is a super expensive brush, I do want to say that, but please note, if you can't afford this brush, there are plenty of brands out there that do similar brushes that give almost the same results! So please keep that in mind, however I love this brush, I love using it to stipple foundation into my skin or buff it in. It blends like a dream, its dense, yet so soft and easy to work with, it doesn't soak up tons of foundation which I really appreciate. There is nothing worse than a brush or sponge that just soaks up all your product and applies nothing to the face. I love this brush. I really do! 
And that's it, that is all my favourites I have to share with you for the month of October. I did ramble on a little bit during this blogpost, but I am just so excited about these products and really wanted to share them with you. Let me know what your favourites products through this past month where. Was there anything I mentioned that you also have been loving or is there something completely different you want to share? I would love too hear from you! Thank you guys so much for reading, and until next time, I will talk to you all, very very soon! - Emily 

Comments

Popular Posts