Mini Colourpop Haul 2017.

Once again, I was left loose on the Colourpop website, which ended in me placing yet another order! I feel like I do these so often but these are some of my most popular blogposts people read so I couldn't not do another! This haul was inspired though by Kathleen Lights. She recently did a video showing all of her Colourpop must haves/favourites, which of course, some I didn't have so I couldn't not do a haul, especially when they were offering a 20% discount because of that video. 

I picked up just a couple of eyeshadows. The first one I picked up was Central Perk. Firstly I love the the name of the eyeshadow, and secondly, look how amazing this colour is. Such a perfect, winter/autumn shade. I love this colour so much. Its a beautiful, rich burgundy shade with a almost red undertone to it. So beautiful, it is also a matte shade so its just perfect. Absolutely love this shade! 

The next shade I picked up, is the shade Muse. This is just a beautiful natural dusty like pink colour. Its not a matte shade, perfect for all over the lid, whether its winter or summer, this shade is so versatile and so pigmented and pretty as well. Love the undertone as well. 

Lala, is the next shade. This is another beautiful neutral toned eyeshadow. Very much a more beige like golden shade that also isn't matte. Again, very much suited to either summer or winter. You could create a beautiful neutral toned brown smokey eye using this shadow as the centre piece. Can't wait to use this guy. 

I am next followed with the shade Wattles. This is pretty much a matte version of Muse I reckon. Again, its quite a nice dusty neutral yet natural as well pink colour that you could totally put in the crease as well as the lid of the eye. Again, another beautiful shade for either summer or winter and would be such a lovely colour to just throw on the eyelid if you wanted a little something there. Very pretty shade again! 

Of course, I got another burgundy shade, as if I didn't need anymore. This is Mittens. Which firstly, I just love the name Mittens, there is something about that name that just is so cute and warming. Again, this is another burgundy shade, but instead of a red undertone like Central Perk has, this has more of a deep brown undertone which would probably go beautifully even with Central Perk and create a super dark burgundy eye. Love this shade. 

Moving on, I got one highlighter, this is in the shade Wisp. Which actually, has taken me by surprise, its definitely a lot darker than I imagined, even when I swatched it, it was a bit dark on my skin. We shall see. It might be a little too dark for me but maybe if I do a really bronze glowing face with a darker foundation when I am a bit more tan, it might look okay. I shall experiment with it a little more before I knock it back. 

I also happened to pick up a lip liner, or lippie pencil, so they are called. I got the ever so popular shade, Skimpy, which is just a versatile, basic nude lipliner which I feel like you can't have enough of. Can't wait to use this, I also really love colour pop liners, they are so creamy and easy to work with as well. Much better than wooden pencil liners. 

I picked up a couple of Lippie Stix as well. I love these, such a nicer, more hydrating alternative to liquid lipsticks and regular lipsticks that aren't as long wearing. The first shade is in the Matte X formula called Trust Me. Such a pretty, bright yet wearable red shade, which I feel like I have barely any reds in my collection which is why I picked this up. Its got such a nice, orange yet not too orange undertone to it. Definitely still a red for sure. Just not a typical burgundy red shade which I normally would go for. So can't wait to try this out!

Back to my typical red colours, Chateau I have been meaning to pick up for such a long time. Again, one of their Matte X formulas, which I find are better than the original Matte formulas. They are a little bit more hydrating in my opinion and are a dead matte finish no shine or sheen what so ever. This is a typical dark, almost brown toned burgundy red colour. Love these colours whether its on the eyes or lips throughout winter and autumn especially. Cannot wait to dig this out in a few months! 

The next shade Grunge, almost looks so similar to Chateau but I promise its not, Chateau definitely has more red to it than brown, but Grunge is a flat out dark brown colour. Such a beautiful vampy colour as well which I am very excited to again, use throughout Autumn and Winter. Definitely expect these shades to be worn quite frequently and in favourites blog posts for sure! 

When I looked at my eyeliner collection currently, I quickly realised I just didn't have any vibrant, bright colours at all to just add for a pop of colour into the waterline so I picked up just a couple because I herd such good things. The first shade is the shade, Teaspoon. Such a pretty dark, forest green shade with a hint of brightness yet to it. Love this shade, I think it would look so pretty for like Christmas looks, or even just for a pop of colour with a smokey eye or something like that. So creamy and pigmented, very excited to use this! This would also look great with brown eyes or even hazel eyes. 

How beautiful is this next shade, this is called Bee Sting. I just love the names Colourpop come up with. This is a beautiful vibrant almost deep blue shade, which again, I don't have at all in my collection. I cannot wait to see what this looks like up against my hazily brown like eyes. Either way I think this would look awesome during spring and summer for a little added something to the eyes without doing a crazy eyeshadow look, which I know a lot of people can be scared of doing. 

Back on the normal side of colours, I picked up another nude liner, this is called Honey Dude, and these are just so handy to have in your collection if you feel like you went a little to ham with the eyeshadow and you just want to open your eyes back up again and not have them so closed off. Keen to use this as well.

Now on the home stretch, I picked up a couple of Ultra Satin Liquid Lipsticks. I definitely prefer the Ultra Satin's as opposed to the full on matte regular lipsticks they have. These are a little bit more hydrating and don't emphasise your lip lines as much. The first shade I picked up is Magic Wand. This is just your standard, nude, yet beige like colour that will go with any look and suite a lot of skin tones I feel like. Definitely a must have.

Now for a more vibrant, out there shade, this is Panda, which is also a Satin Lip shade, Which is still definitely wearable just with a neutral eye. This is a vibrant purple colour, with what I feel like is a red, deep undertone to it. In the tube it doesn't look like it does, but swatched it definitely has a hint of something rich and vibrant in there. This colour I just don't have in my collection so I hope to maybe do a tutorial with it, maybe, we shall see!

Another Satin Lip I picked up is the classic shade, Frick N Frack which I feel like most people have but I just never picked it up. This is definitely a more pink toned nude colour, but its not bright at all. Definitely wearable and goes with any look, suites most peoples skin tones. Such a classic shade to have in your collection.

And finally, I did pick up an Ultra Matte shade because I just love these colours for spring and summer. This is the shade Mama, which I love the name for a start, but its a beautiful, toned down orange colour. Its not a bright unwearable orange that not many people love, but its got a little hint of darkness to it, which makes it so wearable. This would go beautifully with a golden eye, or a classic smokey brown eye, or even nothing on the lids at all and maybe just wack on some bronzer and load the lashes with mascara. Either way, this would look so pretty and can't wait to start wearing this now!

Thats it, that's everything I picked up during Kathleen Lights 20% off Colour Pop sale. I hope you guys enjoyed this little haul for the day. I certainly cannot wait to start using some of these products. I can tell you now, you will definitely see these again in favourites blogposts or videos to come. Thank you guys so much for reading, and until next time, I will talk to you all, very very soon!









Comments

Popular Posts