Skincare Routine for Dry Skin 2017!!

Hello there, and welcome to the first blog post of mine for 2017! I am so excited to kick of the year with a blogpost I have been meaning to post for a long time but I've never had a set skincare routine like this so I am excited to share with you my skincare secrets! I just want to point out I will be speaking about a lot of Clarins skincare products in this blogpost, no it is not sponsored, I just genuinely love their skincare products and they work well for me. Today I am going to be going through my skincare from the moment I wake up in the morning, to when I take my makeup off, to when I go to bed! So without further ado, lets jump straight into it. 

So when I wake up in the morning, its early, and my skin typically feels quite heavy, looks dull and tired. So to wake my skin up, I use the Clarins Daily Energiser Wakeup Booster. The one shown in the picture is a mini travel size one and I just used it all up this morning! Its almost like a micellar water, not only does it clear your face from any extra makeup or dirt that might be on your face, but it smoothens out your skin, hydrates, and tones your skin back to its original skin tone. It brightens the skin and makes you look way more awake than you actually are. Its a lovely refresher and I always go through bottles of this! I apply it just like a normal micellar water, with a cotton pad and swipe over my entire face. 
My morning routine skincare wise, isn't that big, next I usually apply a moisturiser, I have two that I go between depending how dry my skin is feeling that day. My normal one that I use is the Clarins Daily Energiser Cream. When I first got this product, the lady at the counter told me that this cream was actually designed for those between 17-25 as its great for really youthful skin, however I can't see how this would not work for everyone. I love how this moisturiser has a almost salmon undertone to it as opposed to straight up white. It just means it really evens out your skin tone, it tones down any redness, makes your skin so much clearer and awake! I just love how a little bit goes a really long way. It usually lasts me a good 6 months before I need to repurchase and it just hydrates my face so nicely, and also creates a lovely even base for makeup to be applied on top! Holy grail moisturiser for sure! 
However, if my skin is feeling a little more on the drier side than normal, I will switch to the Clarins Hydra Quench Cream for normal to dry skin. Very similar to the one I just mentioned, the only difference being that this one is ultra hydrating and just gives that extra boost in hydration which sometimes I really need for my skin. Super lovely formula and consistency, like I said its very much like the Daily Energiser Cream, just a tad more hydrating for the skin. However, it has the same properties and pros like the one above! 

Moving on to when I take my makeup off, I like to remove my face makeup with makeup wipes, its just easier, and the ones I currently have been using and abusing are the $2 ones from Kmart, these are apple scented, however you can get non scented ones if your skin is sensitive to scent. Mine isn't sensitive to scent so I just get these ones. They are actually so hydrating which is so surprising for a makeup wipe. You can use these to get off eye makeup I just choose not to and find it easier to use a cleansing water on my eyes as its less harsh and I don't have to rub my eyelashes. 

Like I said, I like to use a cleansing water to remove the rest of my eye makeup and also to go over my face just to make sure everything is removed. To do so, I prefer to use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I use the original pink one, however they have come out with a new oil one to remove harsh makeup and a couple of other formulas as well which you might want to check out too but this one I just find works best for me. I just take a cotton pad and dampen it with the water and just go all over my face, similar to how I use the Clarins Daily Wake Up Booster. I continue this over my skin until I am satisfied I have got all the makeup off I possibly can.  

Once I am happy all my makeup is removed, I will go in with this little guy, this is the Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum. This is actually a fairly new addition to my skincare routine but I have been loving it. Its basically just a oil for those with super dry skin. This honestly adds so much moisture and hydration to my skin. I noticed a huge difference in my skin the following morning when I woke up after using this. Again, I just use a cotton pad and put a little bit on it and focus it on the T zone of my face where I find I get the most dry. I do have to mention, don't rub this over any open breakouts because it will burn a little, however it is just so moisturising on my skin once it has sunk in. A little bit goes a long way and if you apply too much it can go a little oily but it works amazing! 

Then I go back in with my moisturiser of choice for the day, normally if I am using that serum I would go in with my normal everyday moisturiser just because I don't want my face to turn into an oil slick unless my face is as dry as the desert. 

After I apply moisturiser I will then apply a specific under eye moisturiser. The one I have been loving is the First Aid Beauty, Triple Eye Remedy Overnight Balm. This little guy costs an arm and a leg but I do admit I noticed a huge difference straight away when I started using it, and a little bit goes a long way. This little pot, has lasted me a good 6 months and I've only used up about 1/4 to 2/4 if even. This is very much a balm consistency like it says. Its very smoothing, calming and creamy all at the same time. I like to focus this in the inner corners of my eyes where I get the most darkness and under my eyes blending it up towards my brow bone. Like I said, a little bit goes a really long way but I noticed a huge difference in my under eyes, where my dark corners were no longer noticeably dark, and my concealer stopped creasing so much under my eyes because they weren't so dry anymore. Love this little pot! 

Once I have finished with all my cream products I will then spray my face with the Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist spray. This little guy is also a recent addition to my skincare routine and I am going to need a new bottle very soon. I just do a T motion spray over my face once and I am good to go for the night. I do find this takes a little while to sink into the skin but when you wake up in the morning it makes your skin feel absolutely amazing. It adds so much hydration into my skin and makes your skin look like its glowing within without looking greasy. However if you apply too much it can feel tacky on the skin and look like there is water just sitting on your face so do be careful but in the morning, your skin looks and feels amazing. This can also be used to set makeup or used before makeup but because its tacky I don't really like to use it like that, so I just stick to using it as a finishing spray for my skincare. 

That is it for my skincare routine, from morning to night, those are all the products I love and have been using for the past few months consistently. You may have noticed I didn't include any physical cleaners or face masks. This is because I don't really use them to be completely honest with you. If I use a cleanser its going to be the Micellar Cleansing Water, OR its going to be a milk cleanser. The milk cleanser that I use is the Propolis Cleansing Milk by Pure Heals which I got at Sephora in Sydney way back in last year. Milk cleansers are just better for those with dry skin as its not stripping any moisture from the skin, its actually creamy and milky obviously as the name suggests and keeps the skin hydrated. If I use a face mask, its going to be a cream mask, the one I tend to just go for is by Clarins, this is the HydraQuench Cream Mask. I do really love the products in the HydraQuench line but its just a soft mask that doesn't dry out my skin or irritate my skin. 

I find a lot of masks, especially if they are peel off ones or clay masks, make my skin red and irritated from the tugging and pulling on my skin. I have sensitive skin sometimes and those kinds of masks just don't go well. Sometimes I will use the odd Sephora face mask, ones that are like paper and you just place on your face for 5 minutes or so and just take off again. However with the skincare routine I have just shown you, I don't feel like I need to add in a face mask all the time. Maybe every so often just as a pampering session. 

That is officially it for the first blogpost of 2017! I hope you guys learnt something today and got some ideas on what products to get yourself, especially if you suffer with dry skin like myself! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me! Let me know what blog posts you would like to see from me this new year and hopefully I will talk to you all again, very soon!! xx 


Comments

Popular Posts