Ed Sheeran Concert!

I have come to the conclusion Ed Sheeran is real, he is not just some gift angel sent from above, he is actually real. I have also come to realise he is the most talented artist/musician I have ever seen. He is by far the best performer and by far was the best concert I attended. 

On March 21st I attended Ed Sheeran's concert at the Brisbane Riverstage! One of the more intimate venues in Brisbane, as a posed to some of the bigger more spacier venues. This also happened to be the second show in Brisbane and the second sold out show of his entire Australian leg of his tour. Ed Sheeran is one of the artists I look up to, he is so hard working, genuine and truly talented. He is someone that I have been dying to see for such a long time as I missed out on getting tickets to his last tour, which of course, I was devastated about. HOWEVER, this time I made sure I didn't miss out!



Despite the rain and the thunder storms, Ed Sheeran put on the best show he could possibly have put on along side his support acts Conrad and Jamie. Ed Sheeran kicked off the show with "I'm A Mess" then moving onto the well known single, "Lego House". By this point I was already in such shock I was seeing the great lyrical genius, but also I was second row smack bang in front of his microphone. 

Ed then moved onto a remix of songs that included "Don't", a cover of "No Diggity" and "Nina". The one thing I loved about this part of the set was the fact the crowd was so involved, everyone knew the words to "Don't" including his choruses that are more rap inspired then mixing in "No Diggity" which definitely got the crowd moving. "Drunk" was definitely one of my favourite old classics that he included in his set and again was another crowd mover. Ed's latest single "Bloodstream" was also included in the set, I also loved how Ed got the crowd involved in this show by getting us to put our hands in the air during the chorus which made it a whole lot of fun! 


"Kiss Me" & "Thinking Out Loud" were definitely one of the show stoppers of the night. The venue really catered for the intimacy of these songs and the rain really set the scene, which in my opinion, made it a whole lot more special. "I See Fire" was one of my personal favourite songs of the show. I had loved this song ever since the second Hobbit film had came out. The fact he had part of the movie playing on the screens behind him again also set the scene, finishing that part of the set with "A Team" and "Give Me Love". 

The encore was spectacular. He really finished the show with a bang with the combination of "You Need Me I Don't Need You" & Iggy Azalea's song "Fancy" into one song then finishing off with "Sing" where again he got the crowd really involved and ended the show. 


Over all the concert was amazing. I had never experienced anything like it, I loved the fact he had a small stage in such a nice open intimate venue with rain. Despite the fact the show was almost cancelled due to the sever weather, despite waiting in the rain and cold for hours, it was 110% worth it and I would see him again in a heart beat! 

For any more photos or any videos, head on over to my vine and instagram where I will be posting some footage and some photos! All photos used in this blogpost are infact my own. Any external use of them I expect credit to be given. 
IsEmileee

Comments

Popular Posts