February Favourites 2015

Hi there everyone,
I am back with another monthly favourites for you! This month of obviously February's favourites, this month I honestly haven't been loving that many products at all. I have been continuously using the products mentioned in my last favourites post nor have I tried any new products, but I casted my mind back over this month and managed to find some things I had been loving, even if its not many I thought I would share it with you!


The first thing I have is the Maybelline Fit Me powder foundation. I normally try to stay away from powder foundations as I have severely dry skin and I worry it is going to cling to my dry patches, however I like to apply a small layer over the top of my foundation just to set in place certain areas. I love this because it doesn't cling to dry patches, it prolongs my foundation for ages and makes my skin look like skin and doesn't look cakey at all. Its really lightweight and has slight reflects in it which help to brighten the under eye area and make you look more awake. I love the Maybelline Fit Me range and this is just another product I love specifically.



I have a lip combo I have been loving wearing over this month. Both products are from Rimmel London. I have firstly been loving the Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick range, more specifically the shade 14 which is a really nice natural nude shade. I love that this lipstick is so long wearing and leaves a nice shine on the lips, its not matte but its not to glossy which I really love about it. However I do feel like you should wear a lip balm under it because sometimes it can be drying or do what I do and add a lipgloss over the top. Following on from that I have been loving applying the Rimmel London Apocalypse Lip Lacquer in the shade 600 which is Nude Eclipse. I love applying this to the centre of my lips leaving the edges free, creating a really nice ombry yet natural effect to the lips. I do this so my lips stay more moisturised and first did it as an experiment. The one thing I don't like about this particular lip product is the smell, its a bit strange.

This next product/range I have been using for quite a long time now and I just had to mention it in a favourites blog post at some point as I continue to love this brand. Real Techniques brushes are all the rage on YouTube with beauty bloggers. The brushes I have are the setting brush, expert face brush and the stippling brush. I like to use the setting brush for setting my under eye concealer, it is also great for contouring, highlighting, blending, anything. Its such a great versatile brush and totally worth it. The expert face brush is what I love to use for foundation, it blends so nicely, its soft, it makes foundation look like actual skin and is just an all round great foundation brush. Lastly the stippling brush is what I use for blush, however I have seen people use this brush for foundation, powder and bronzer. Again all these brushes are really soft, affordable, great quality, synthetic and are cruelty free! Highly recommend this line of their brush line if you can't afford their bold metals collection!

Another skin combo I have been loving over the past few weeks has been the Elf Clear Studio Primer and the Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation. Lets start with the primer, I am not use to primers at all, I have never used any up until this primer and never really thought they did anything, however I do feel like this primer is good. Its silicon based which I honestly like, it fills in fine lines and pores, however I do feel like it doesn't completely fill them all in, however I have been using this under the Benefit foundation. I use to HATE this foundation with a passion. When I first bought it it was drying on my skin, clung to all my dry patches, looked cakey, broke up, it just looked absolutely awful on my skin. So I put it aside in my collection and decided to bring it out again this month. Now that I have a proper skincare routine and now that I use a primer this foundation does not do what it use to do, it still can break up sometimes if I get a big slack but I highly recommend if you have skin like me to use a primer and really take care of your skin because it never worked for me but now I quite like it, I love the coverage that it gives, the look and finish of it, the feel and formula. I think its great. Definitely do your research on this foundation before buying, apart from that I have been enjoying using this over this month.

Scent Of The Month


The perfume I have been reaching for this month has been the Katy Perry perfume in Royal Revolution. I have to just take a moment to appreciate the packaging and bottle of this product. It is gorgeous and I love having it sit on my perfume stand. The scent I can't really describe that well to you as I am terrible at doing so but I think it smells quite floral and fruity at the same time. Its just a really nice refreshing mature smell that I think is really nice and subtle, its not too over powering and noticeable but just gives off that slight fragrance that I love.



Music Of The Month 

My music favourite of the month has been a band called Chase Atlantic. I never really had listened to them much before and I am so glad I did this month. They recently released a new EP called Nostalgia and I absolutely love it! I love music like this and they definitely deserve more recognition. My favourite songs have been Meddle About and Roxanne however I have had trouble deciding. Definitely will be listening to their music well into the future. I am now a fan!

And that's all I have as to favourites this month. So sorry this is a long post, I felt like I should speak more about these products when I don't have as many to share with you this month. Please leave comments telling me what products or things I should check out over this next month! Dying to try some new products!

~Itsemilee


Comments

Popular Posts