All Time Low "Future Hearts" Album Review

The other day one of my favourite bands in the world streamed their newest album "Future Hearts" free on iTunes radio for the very first time. This has been a long anticipated wait. Its been over a year since All Time Low have released an album since "Don't Panic - Its Longer Now" was released, and honestly, I didn't know how they were going to pull it off, as "Don't Panic" is one of my favourite albums of theirs. 


Before the album was released, All Time Low have already released two singles from the album. "Something's Gotta Give" and "Kids In The Dark" while slowly releasing more and more songs following with Runaways. All three of those songs are very upbeat pop-punk songs that I feel a lot of people will love. 

"Satellite" was the opening song on the album. I am not sure if this was the right song to open up the song as its much more slowed down than the songs that were released before the album was released. Apart from that, this song I think is beautiful. The "Na na na na" hook lines will definitely get the crowd involved at live shows and I feel like will make a great atmosphere. 

"Kicking And Screaming" really does make you want to kick and scream while it channels their pop-punk scene. However I feel like this song is lacking something. The guitar hooks and solos are amazing as always and is a great song to dance and sing along too, I admit it is catchy, however it was lacking something. At the end of the song I was left wanting more hoping for that one hook that really sets the song off. 

The next three songs are "Something's Gotta Give", "Kids In The Dark and "Runaways." All three songs which I absolutely love and I feel like really channels what All Time Low are all about. These were the first three songs to be dropped off the album and I feel like they hit the nail on the head with them. They were the perfect songs to release before the album release. "Something's Gotta Give" is probably my favourite song out of the three. 

All Time Low slowed it down again with"Missing You", which definitely hits the emotions where it hurts. I feel like a lot of people are going to be able to relate to this song. I love the acoustics in this song which I feel like will grow on people. Definitely wasn't a song I was expecting on the album however somehow it fits. 

"Cinderblock Garden" definitely has an interesting beginning, which again I think the crowd will be able to get involved in. I'm not sure if its one of my favourite songs on the album, however I feel like it could grow on me the more I listen to it. Again its quite different from their last album however its catchy and I'm sure a lot of people will love it. 

Mark Hoppus joined All Time Low on this album, collaborating on the song "Tidal Waves." Again its another slow song, however probably my favourite slow song of the album. I definitely can see the crowd staying their hands in the air for this song, singing along with tears in their eyes. I absolutely love this song. 

"Don't You Go" is the following song from "Tidal Waves," The beginning of this song is brilliant in the fact it has a long anticipating beginning that then throws itself into the song. Again this song is different, and again I am not too sure about it. Probably not my favourite song as its not very "All Time Low" esk. I am not sure if its because I was expecting more or the fact it sounds different. 

Joel Madden from the "Madden Brothers' also formally known as "Good Charlotte" back in the day, also featured on the album. "Bail Me Out" is another acoustic like song, which is also more slowed down. Not my favourite song I do have to say. I was still wanting more even when the song finished. Left me a little disappointed and that kills me to say it. 

"Dancing With A Wolf" did not disappoint me on this album. I love the deep sounds of the guitars included on this song and the vocals. This is definitely one of my favourite up beat songs on this album! This was more what I was expecting from the album as opposed to the slow songs. 

"The Edge Of Tonight" definitely reminded me of Fall Out Boy in the beginning. You guessed it, its another slowed down song however it does have the powerful chorus which uplifts the song slightly, while having powerful lyrics that will stick with people for a while. As the song progresses it doesn't become nearly as quiet or slow as the previous ones on this album. I can definitely see this song being a hit at the live concerts. 

This album was closed out with "Old Scars/Future Hearts." This was the right song to end the album with. Its more upbeat and also represents All Time Low in the genre and scene they have always been known in. I am however not keen on some of the vocals in this song as it doesn't sound true to Alex Gaskarths voice. Its still catchy and I'm sure will grow on me more.

My overall opinion on this album? It was pretty average, definitely wasn't expecting it to sound the way it did. If you are a massive All Time Low fan like myself, or are familiar with their old stuff, you will know what I'm talking about. Some of the songs just felt underwhelming and as if they were missing something. I felt like they have changed their sound slightly and stepped away from their traditional pop-punk scene in this album. Which is slightly disappointing in my opinion. This album definitely lacked in some areas, which disappoints me so much as us All Time Low Huslers have been waiting for this album for such a long time now. Despite that, there are some really kick ass songs on this album that I love, however others just disappointed me. 

Let me know your thoughts on the album if you have listened to it. I want to know your favourite songs! 

If there is any other albums you would like me to review feel free to leave a comment bellow and I will be sure to check it out 

~ Itsemilee



Comments

Popular Posts