January Favourites 2016!!

Hi everyone!! Its that time again where I tell you guys all of the amazing things that I have been loving over this past month! Because I didn't do an end of 2015 favourites blog post, I have so many things to share with you guys today! So grab a snack, or a drink and park yourself in a comfy chair and lets get started! 

I am going to start with skincare products today, the first product I have here is the Clarins Hydra Quench Cream. This is an amazing moisturiser for those with dry skin like myself! This is just that blast to the face with moisture! It may be a little bit pricey but honestly it lasts such a long time and its worth investing in good products for your skin as you can't have good makeup unless you have a good skincare routine! This feels super lovely on the skin, sinks in nicely, its not an extremely thick cream yet its so hydrating. I actually find it evens out my skin tone as well and makes it look so clear, not clear that there is no break outs or anything but clear as in it just looks fresh, plump, replenished and bright and awake. I honestly love Clarins for skincare. I am an avid user of their skincare products and definitely will be using their products on clients as well. 

I've been really enjoying using lip scrubs over this month especially before liquid lipsticks or any lipstick to be honest. This ones from Lush its their Bubblegum lip scrub. Its honestly one of my favourites I have tried so far. There are a lot of companies and brands that have now come out with similar products or lip primers but honestly its not hard to make your own lip scrub either. I just love this one as its inexpensive, it tastes amazing and it does the job. Sometimes I will apply this, leave it on while I am completing my makeup then lick it off and put on my lipstick or if my lips are feeling a bit dry when I'm not wearing makeup I will chuck a bit of this scrub on as well to plump them up a little bit. I just really love this scrub! 

The eye makeup remover I have been using when I have been wearing waterproof makeup or heavy eye looks is the Elizabeth Arden "All Gone, Eye & Lip Makeup Remover." This is honestly a gods gift from above I tell you that! This honestly removes all eye makeup within a second of being held onto the eye. Its an oil based eye remover, but it doesn't burn or sting or irritate your eyes at all. It removes even the most waterproof of eyeshadows, bases and mascaras, liners you name it! I do have to say though if you open your eye too quickly and it gets in your eye you will go blurry eyed for a few seconds, but honestly the blindness is so worth it! LOL! It doesn't burn or hurt though. Even though I am an avid user of my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, sometimes I find it doesn't remove all my eye makeup mascara wise which is why I love using this specific eye remover! 

Moving on to makeup products, I really went through my collection and got everything out that I have been using none stop over this month in my makeup routine. The first thing I have been using like its going out of style is the Elizabeth Arden Mascara. Now, I wish I knew what this was called but I honestly don't, so if you do see it around in this packaging, definitely pick it up! This stuff is amazing, aside from the fact the product looks so luxurious in the gold packaging, it reminds me a lot of YSL. This mascara is so voluminous, it lengthens your lashes and its jet black! Honestly one of the best mascaras I have ever tried so far from the high end brands and I will definitely be repurchasing and purchasing one to use on clients as well! Highly recommend. 

I have been loving two lip products this month. The first one being by Colourpop, its their Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Midi. Its a beautiful nude, everyday colour. Its definitely a pinky nude with maybe the tiniest bit of brown shading to it, but its honestly so beautiful and would look so amazing on any skin tone! It doesn't make you look washed out, it doesn't give you that white ring on the inside of your lip like the Anastasia Beverly Hills lipquid lipstick in Pure Hollywood. Its honestly a dupe of Pure Hollywood. I herd a lot of mixed reviews on this Colourpop one, a lot of people said they hated how drying the formula was. I don't know if I am just use to liquid lipsticks now but I honestly don't find it that drying on my lips. I honestly though the Kat Von D ones were more drying or maybe that's just me. I honestly love the formula, they last all day, they don't move at all, so easy to apply, there is an amazing colour range there is honestly ever colour you could possibly think of and they are so inexpensive, you honestly can't go wrong with Colourpop! 

The second lip product/colour I have been loving this month has been by Elizabeth Arden, its their regular lipstick in the colour Desert Rose. This is honestly one of my favourite lip colours ever. I have really been loving Elizabeth Arden this month and this lipstick honestly is amazing. I love the formula, they are super hydrating, its not a matte formula but not super glossy, I would say its quite satin. The lipstick does wear off quite quickly however it leaves your lips with a beautiful tint which you can get away with all day. It doesn't dry out your lips at all and its just super flattering. Its a beautiful terracotta, desert, rosie orange nude. Its so hard to explain but its honestly so beautiful. In the bullet it looks quite brown but its honestly not, its exactly like the name suggest. Its amazing, highly recommend. The packaging also one again is so luxurious feeling and looking to. 

I love highlighter its probably one of my favourite parts to my makeup routine. I have been loving yet again Elizabeth Arden this is just called their Shimmer Powder. I'm not sure if it actually has a name but its just the name on the bottom of the product. Its such a beautiful subtle highlight. Sometimes its nice to just tone down the highlighter and bring a natural glow to the face which is exactly what this does. I'm not sure if its suppose to be used as an all over face powder like the Hourglass ones but I just use it like a regular highlighter. It looks super pretty layered on a cream highlight or blush or on its own. In the pan it honestly doesn't look like much, but its a super pretty champagne nude colour with that subtle amount of shimmer. I have just been using this non stop and have been loving it so far. 
I just realised I have been loving ANOTHER lip colour this month. I have really been changing my lip colours this month and this one is by Colourpop its actually Kathleen Lights first creation she did with Colourpop and its her Lippie Stick in Lumière'. This honestly looks different on everyone and different skin tones. however on me its a beautiful mauve purple shade with that little hint of plum to it. Its just so beautiful, its matte, definitely night time appropriate or you could even wear it during the day if you like. Mine is so well loved, I have been using it loads. I love colours like this on my skin tone. It doesn't dry your lips out and lasts a super long time as well! Again amazing bargain! Highly recommend. 

The Covergirl "Ready Set Gorgeous" foundation has been my go to foundation over January. I did a first impression on this foundation which I will leave the link bellow for you or you can just look back on my blog. In the first impression I honestly didn't love it as much as I thought I was going to but I certainly didn't hate it. I realised this foundation sets to a powder finish and I blended it in with my normal foundation brush, so I changed to a beauty blender and honestly love the finish of it so much more with a beauty blender. Because it sets to that particular finish, a brush would flick up any dry areas on my face and my fine hairs which this foundation sets quick into, where as a beauty blender I am pressing it into my skin and not flicking up any dry areas etc which makes it sit better on my face. It lasts a super long time. I do find it does oxidise slightly, but not a lot but do keep that in mind. Honestly the colour selection sucks but for my skin tone its great. If you are looking for an affordable foundation to try, give this a go because you might just love it, keeping in mind, every foundation works different for everyone and different skin tones! 
The scent of the month for me has been by Nicki Minaj, this is her perfume Minajesty. I'm not even going to attempt to describe the scent of this perfume because I am the worst at describing scents but its been my scent of the month. I have it in a roller ball which makes it perfect to chuck in my handbag and take around with me. Its a really youthful, fresh scent its just super lovely! 

The book of the month has been Zoella's Girl On Tour book. I haven't quite finished it but I am addicted and have been loving it so far! Book 1 blew my mind and this book is everything I had hoped it to be! I wont spoil anything but if you haven't read any of Zoella's books, you need to get on it, shes an incredible writer and story teller and these books are seriously amazing! I am not a book reader so its very rare for me to find a book that I actually am addicted to and enjoy reading so this is a big plus for me! 

I have been listening to so much music this month, a lot of old favourites but there are some that I just cannot stop playing. Justin Bieber has slayed this month bringing out Love Yourself. This song is my actual jam and I listen to it honestly every day. He has honestly stepped it up with his music and I am thoroughly enjoying it! I have been also blaring Bring Me The Horizon's newest album called That's The Spirit. If you love bands, give this album a listen, its not for everyone but honestly its my favourite thing in the world of music right now and probably tops off my favourites. 

I could go on forever with the things I have been loving this month but I shall refrain and save it for you all next month! Thank you guys so much for reading, let me know what you have been loving this month whether its skincare, beauty or just your random favourites I would love to hear from you! Don't forget to follow me on my social media, all links are bellow! And until next time! I shall speak to you all very VERY soon! ;) 

Emily xo 

Official Website: www.emilykatemua.com.au
Instagram: itsemileee & emilykatemua 

All other links are in the menu at the top of the page!
For any business enquiries please contact: emilykatemua@outlook.com 
This blogpost is not sponsoured and all opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts