PART 2: 2015 Empty Products - Makeup Edition

Hello everybody!! I am back with part 2 of my 2015 empties mini series I have going on my blog! This part is containing all the makeup products and removers I used throughout 2015. There is definitely way more I have used up but just haven't though of keeping for future blog posts or videos.


There is a lot to get through so I am just going to jump straight into it! Some things in this post I love and are my holy grail products, but there are also some things I really disliked. Just remember that not every product works the same on everyone. There might be something here you love but I just don't and didn't work for me, so please keep that in mind. So without further ado, lets jump into it! 

I am going to start off with all my makeup removers/cleansers that I used up. I used up a TON of makeup removing wipes, and now I know you aren't suppose to use wipes all the time to remove your makeup, but these wipes I absolutely swear by and I don't buy any other wipes aside from these. These are the Loreal Revitalift Rejuvenating Makeup Removing Wipes. These are honestly pretty pricey these wipes, they retail for around the $8 mark but they are so worth it! First of all, I loved the packaging how the lid is a clip close one. This keeps the wipes from drying out which is what I found the problem with other wipes I had previously tried. It just removes all my base/face makeup so quickly and I find it hydrated my face really well and doesn't dry out my skin even more. I love these wipes and I can confirm I will be using these all throughout 2016 as well! 
Some other wipes I used up were the Garnier Gentle Makeup Remover Wipes and the Nivea Gentle Face Cleansing Wipes. None of these compared or lived up to my trusty Loreal wipes. There-for not much to say about these, they just dried out and I found I was scrubbing my face to get any makeup off my face which of course isn't exactly what you want from a makeup wipe. 

I used up two face cleansing waters. I tried both the Garnier and Simple ones. These definitely were staple products for a lot of people over 2015 which is I guess why I jumped on the band wagon with these products. I can confirm though I definitely prefer the Garnier one in comparison to the Simple one. If I am honest, they are both almost exactly the same, however I find the Garnier one just that little bit better. I feel like the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water just removed my eye makeup so much easier, quicker and better. I didn't have to scrub my eye, it didn't burn my eye or break me out, it was just super gentle on my skin and got absolutely everything off. Where as the Simple one, I just found wasn't as strong nor as gentle as the Garnier one. I am a ride or die fan of the Garnier one and definitely will continue to repurchase and use it! 
Another makeup remover I used up in 2015 was a mini bottle of the Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. This stuff, is no joke heaven in a bottle. I loved this so much! Its exactly what it says it is, gentle. It didn't burn, irritate or sting my eyes in any way, it removed even the most waterproof of mascara and liner and I didn't have to rub my eye what so ever. I am not sure if I will repurchase it just yet as I do want to try out more makeup remover waters but I am still content with removing my eye makeup with my Garnier water. 

Foundation by far over 2015 was the one product I used a lot up of, simply because I had been trying out so many different drugstore foundations to try find something that worked for me. This product definitely didn't work for me. This is the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. Now, I tried to love this, I really did, which is why I used up two of them, but it just didn't work for me. This clung to the dry patches on my skin and just broke up, didn't last at all, looked over all awful on my skin and its the dry to normal skin formulated version. I was in the colour 150 Buff, however I just don't think I can bring myself to try give it another go because everyone rants and raves about this foundation. Honestly a let down that I just couldn't love this product. 

The Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation you guys know is one of my holy grail drugstore foundations. I am in the shade 103 True Ivory and this is definitely my summer foundation. I do need to point out though, this range does not come in a lot of different shades for different skin types so you might have trouble finding one for yourself. I have the second lightest shade and its still sometimes way too dark for me. This range is definitely very orange toned but I do know on ASOS.com they do stock lighter shades that we don't carry in store here in Australia. I don't want to do on about this foundation too much because you should know how much I love it but yeah its just holy grail! 

I used up FOUR of the Rimmel Match Perfection foundations. This is mainly my winter foundation however you can get away with wearing this all year if you wanted to. I just prefer it in the winter because its not as radiant and as glowy as what the Wake Me Up foundation is, which I find that kind of radiant finish more flattering in the spring and summer months where as I prefer a more matte but sheer coverage during the winter time because I love to have that natural flush. I am in the shade 100 in this foundation which I find a perfect match for me. I do find it can oxidise so just keep that in mind when purchasing however this kind of oxidisation doesn't happen to everyone, it just depends on your skincare routine and skin in general.

This is just a small handful of all the mascaras I absolutely trashed over 2015. Some of my favourites were the Maybelline The Falsies mascara but the non waterproof version and I also loved the Chi Chi 3D Magic Lash mascara. The rest I did like but not as much as those. I didn't like the Maybelline Great Lash mascara, it just didn't do anything to my lashes at all not even make them black which was really disappointing. 
This next product I didn't finish but I am throwing out with everything, this is the Loreal Nude CC Magic in the Anti Redness formula. I got this with the impression this was suppose to feel like a tinted moisture, but it was far from my expectations, this just felt so dry on my face and it was flat out orange on my skin like there was no way I could blend this into my skin. The fact it was so drying prevented its movability which mean't I couldn't blend it into my skin and down my neck. It was also too orange to even pop a bit into my moisturiser it was so orange pigmented. I just couldn't find a way to make this work so there for its going to the bin. 

I finished up a NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker. I used up tons of liquid liners I just forgot to keep them but this is one I kept and loved. This was one of the first pen, liquid liners I bought and found it so easy to work with and apply, gave me that really thing crisp line, I really loved it and repurchased but have just forgotten about it since I have now a small handful of different ones that I love even more. Oldie but a goodie this one is for sure. 

I also used up a ton of concealers that I just never thought to keep. One I did keep though was the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I love this concealer, its my holy grail drugstore concealer. I even put this in my professional makeup artist kit to use on clients because its that good. This is apparently so comparable to the Nars Creamy Radiant concealer. I wouldn't know how true and accurate that is as I have never tried it but I do agree that it is extremely creamy, easy to blend, lightweight, covers well and just blends into my skin and brightens like a dream under the eyes. I love it so much! 
I used up a few makeup setting and priming sprays. One that I did bash around over 2015 was the Australis Makeup Finishing Sprits Spray which has rose water and Aloe Vera in it. I loved this, I used it after I put moisturiser and primer on to just add that extra moisture to my skin and give foundation even more to cling on and to help prolong my makeup wear. Of course I used it as well to set my makeup and it did so well. I just loved how hydrating it was to my skin which is why I love using these kinds of water sprays.  Its also very inexpensive however I do want to branch out and try some other primer waters or finishing sprays. 
This is one of my favourite makeup finishing sprays I have tried so far, this is the NYX Dewy Finish spray. Now... this makes you HELLA dewy and I love it so much! I don't notice too much with it prolonging my makeup but this no joke makes your skin look like a disco ball! I love either applying this under foundation or at the end. Either way you do it will give you such a great result. I just love this and will repurchase if I can ever find a store that has it in stock! 

I used up a couple of powders. I used up the Maybelline Fit Me Powder in the shade 120 classic ivory and the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent. I love both powders, even though I don't normally wear powder on day to day occasions because my skin is so dry its so hard to find a powder that won't make my skin look awful. I find neither of these make my skin awful. I definitely prefer my Fit Me Powder over anything I have tried. I love using it to set my under eyes and use it when I am wearing such a dewy foundation and I know it will need setting. Its just a thing consistency and so radiant as well! I love it! 

And that's it! That's everything I kept that I used up makeup wise over 2015. I am so sorry this blog post is up so late! So much has been going on, including many exciting things like launching my official website, online official portfolio and setting up my freelancing business! As always, my links will be bellow if you are interested! 

Thank you guys so much for reading this super long, informative blog post, however until next time, I hope you all have an amazing day or night, and I shall talk to you all again next time! 

- Emily x 

Comments

  1. Emily I am actually obsessed with your blog posts you have noo idea!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww this means so much to me honestly!! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts