June Beauty Favourites 2016!

It feels like forever since I've done a favourites blog post! The past few months I hadn't really been loving many products, or at least enough to be able to share them with you, however I am back this time and I cannot wait to share these goodies with you!! 

I have been really into curling my lashes before applying mascara over the past few months. I've noticed such a difference in my eyelashes and how they look when mascara is applied when I have curled them. My lashes tend to be really stiff because they are so long and thick they just don't curl naturally cause they are so heavy! The curler I have been using is just one from ELF but the mascara I have been absolutely abusing over the past few months and this month in particular has been the highly raved about Maybelline Lash Sensational. This mascara has a rubber applicator which I know not a lot of people love but personally I do. I love how the wand is also curved which makes it easy to get every single lash and it helps to curl your lashes. This mascara gives so much length and volume on me I absolutely love it and swear by it! Highly recommend this mascara if you are looking for a new one to try! 

This next favourite is SO expensive, this was gifted to me but if I wasn't gifted this I probably would never have purchased this because of the price point. I didn't even want to mention this in this blog post because I know this is out of a lot of peoples budgets but I just had to quickly mention it. This is the Bobby Brown Shimmer Brick in the shade Beige. Its just a really beautiful brick highlighter, you can even use the little strips as eyeshadow colours. Like I said this is expensive but if you have the budget definitely get it. Its not chunky on your cheeks, you can focus your brush in difference sections of the highlighter. The packaging itself isn't as luxurious as what I thought it would be, don't get me wrong it is really nice but does feel a bit plastic like. These days a lot of brands are coming out with shimmer bricks like this so definitely shop around for one, I definitely think they are beautiful and really pigmented and beautiful. 

Another highlighter than is much more inexpensive compared to the Bobby Brown one is the also very raved about The Balm, Mary Lumanizer. This is such a beautiful champagne golden highlight which I feel like is so perfect for light to medium skin tones! The Balm also do two other highlights one much darker and one more pink tone. This one is my favourite one. Its such a beautiful intense highlighter than you can use lightly or really go for that glow! Again, the packaging on this isn't the best and I might be reluctant to take this traveling because I have herd about others smashing but I do really love this highlight. Again, its not chunky on the cheeks it just adds the most beautiful glow and sheen to the face! 

I have been really loving a particular brush over the past month or so, this is by Models Prefer and its their MPA102 Airbrush Contour Brush. This brush I have been using to blend in my under eye concealer and I love it. Its so soft, I love the angle that the brush hairs are at which is why I love it for under eye concealer. You can also use this brush for foundation which I have done in the past, cream contouring it would be perfect as well! There is so many uses for this brush! This brush is also very sturdy and very good quality feeling. It is a little pricy from what I remember but its lasted me such a long time and I've never had a problem with it! Definitely want to go grab more Models Prefer brushes! 

Surprisingly I have been loving a powder. I say surprisingly because my skin is so dry I rarely find powders that work well with my skin type. This is the Mac Studio Fix Powder, I use the shade NW10. In the picture it does look orange which I have no idea why but it really ind't. i don't use this by itself but I do use it over foundations and it just smooths over my foundation so beautifully. It doesn't cling to dry patches or uneven skin texture at all, it doesn't sink into fine lines or pores, it just makes my skin look so smooth and flawless and I have been loving it. The powder itself is thin and does have coverage and you could use it by itself, but I would never use a powder alone on my skin because of my skin type. I've just really been enjoying using this powder, definitely recommend giving it a go!

A concealer I have really loved incorporating into my everyday makeup routine is the NYX colour correcting concealer in pale/light. This is a salmon, orange toned concealer which is great for covering up dark under eye circles and vain like eyelids. I have quite dark inner corners of my eyes and sometimes a normal regular concealer just doesn't get rid of that darkness. This however, just erases it completely and then I can just put a light layer of brightening concealer over the top and it just completely hides that dark inner corners I have. Its such a thing consistency and texture which makes it really light for under the eyes. Its very creamy and doesn't emphasise any dryness I have under my eyes. It looks dry in the pot but I just warm it up with my ring finger and apply directly to my eyes. I just really love this concealer, definitely worth the extra step and its again, very inexpensive. 

This primer has literally been a godsend in my makeup routine now! This is the Mac Prep & Prime Skin Visage! I was also gifted this and will be 100% repurchasing. After I moisturise my skin I apply this and it just adds that extra moisture to my skin, it eliminates and just smooths my skin out completely. Its such a great base for foundations in my opinion, especially if your foundation is a little on the matte side and you do want to just add that little bit of a glow. This has little specs of shimmer in it which you cannot see on your face at all but its such so beautiful and feels so nice and soothing on the skin. I personally don't notice a difference longevity wise with this primer but I do notice the difference in the finishes on my foundation and skin when I am using this. I very rarely see anyone talking about this so definitely give it a go if you have dry skin like myself! 

A foundation I have been loving using the past two months has been the Max Studio Fix foundation. I think I am in the shade NC15. This foundation please note it doesn't come with a pump, I had to buy one for it which is about $6-8 I believe. This foundation has just been looking amazing on my dry skin. I use the primer I mentioned before and it doesn't cling to any dry patches at all on my face. It doesn't sink into any fine lines at all or any pores. It just glides over my skin, I do prefer to use a beauty blender to blend it out because the finish is absolutely stunning. I would say its quite a medium to full coverage foundation although you could wear a light layer if you wanted to. I love that it doesn't feel like foundation on my skin what so ever, it just feels like skin, very lightweight. It photographs beautifully and I use it on clients as well and they also love the look and finish that it gives. I just really love this foundation and would highly recommend giving it a go if you can afford it! 

A lip colour I have been loving using over Autumn has been by colour pop and this is their Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Avenue. Its a beautiful deep, red, vampy colour which I think is perfect for this time of year! I know a lot of people don't like this formula but I personally don't have a problem with it, yes its drying but its ultra matte and a liquid lipstick what is there to expect? It lasts a really long time on my lips, it doesn't bleed or smudge, it is just a really beautiful colour and this is just the one I have been reaching for the most. Again, its also very inexpensive! 

A more nude lip option that I have been using and abusing as well on more day to day wear is the Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy. This is one of those highly raved about shades, and I love it! Its a beautiful brown toned nude, perfect for so many skin tones. Its matte but doesn't dry out your lips what so ever, its creamy to apply, it does transfer a little bit because of that creamy formula but nothing too dramatic you can definitely get away without touching it up. The scent of these lipsticks as well is to die for! This is just the nude I reach for daily. 

And thats it, I feel like I talk too much in these blogposts but I just love sharing with you all my favourite beauty products! Let me know what your favourite beauty product of June was, I would love to know! If there is any blog posts you would like me to write or any product you think I should try also leave them bellow as well! I hope you all have a fabulous day or night whatever you are doing and I will talk to you all again, real soon!! 

- Emily xx 



Comments

Popular Posts