Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette SWATCHES + REVIEW!

Hi there everyone! I am back with another blog post for you all today! The there day I decided to finally pick up the original Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, which I had been putting off for so long but I decided to grab it and just had to write a blog post about it! Throughout this post, I will be showing you swatches of each shade along with my review and other information. 

This eyeshadow palette retails for $72 AUD which is pretty pricey for a palette, which is why I was putting it off but it does come with 14 amazing eyeshadows, two of which have extra large pans which make them great for highlighting. The eyeshadows are made from 100% natural cocoa powder,  and contain both matte and shimmer shadows from natural browns to pinks and beautiful plum colours! You can create so many looks with this palette which is what I love so much about it! The shadows are pigmented and last long on the lids and don't crease, whether you use a primer or not! I also should mention, Too Faced are an animal cruelty free brand, for those who are interested. 

The packaging itself feels very sturdy and luxurious but yet so light! Its a tin packaging with a magnetic closing lid which I love. Its sleek which makes it really good to travel with, also I feel like it would be the perfect traveling palette because it has every shade I would need personally! 

Moving onto swatches, I am going to go from top row to bottom. Starting with the top row, in order from top to bottom we have; Triple Fudge, Black Forest Truffle, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate then Glided Ganache. 

I don't think I dislike one shade in this row! Triple Fudge I love using in my eyebrows! Its the perfect matte, dark brown for me! White Chocolate is the perfect matte white off cream highlight colour for your brow bone! There isn't a bad shade in this row! Black Forest Truffle would be great for a dark smokey eye, using it as a centre lid colour would be ideal as it has that shimmer in it. Stunning!! 




Moving onto the second row which I think might have to be my favourite! Again, from top to bottom, we have; Amaretto, Candied Violet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Semi-Sweet, Marzipan, and Salted Caramel.

The only shade I can't see myself using is Strawberry Bon Bon, but other than that, I will for sure be using all of these shadows are some point! Salted Caramel is the perfect crease shade and I have been using non stop since purchasing this palette. Amaretto is also so stunning too! I just love this row its so warm and beautiful! 

Moving onto the final row which to be honest, its  my second favourite, however, the more I dive into this row, the more I feel like it could be my favourite. 

Again from top to bottom; Champagne Truffle, Cherry Cordial, Haute Chocolate, Creme Brûlée, and Hazelnut. 

Again, this row is also very warm and contains a beautiful highlight shade that of which is Champagne Truffle. You can't exactly see it properly in the swatch but you can see the beautiful sheen it leaves! It reminds me very much of the Mary Lumanizer by The Balm. 

Again, there isn't a bad shade in this row. I have been using Hazelnut non stop, paring it with Salted Caramel which is right above it in the pan. I also love the gold that Creme Brûlée is. Its a true gold colour, which I feel like I don't really have. A lot of my golden shadows, are either too yellow toned, or too orange, which sometimes I don't want that intense gold I just want something warm and subtle like this one. 

As you can see, this palette is very warm, brown toned and also packs a punch with some more fun colours like Black Forrest Truffle, Candied Violet and Cherry Cordial. Which I love all of those shades. Like I said earlier, the formula is very buttery, smooth, and just blend so easily! 

I just love this palette to pieces and has definitely become a favourite and probably a holy grail eyeshadow palette as well. I would recommend this to everyone and anyone who is looking for a neutral warm eyeshadow palette that has pretty much everything you need in it! Definitely worth the money in my opinion! Too Faced is one of my favourite high end brands and I definitely want to pick up some more of their palettes! Highly HIGHLY recommend! 

Thank you guys so much for reading, let me know if you have this palette and what your favourite shades are and send me pictures of looks you have created with it too! I would love to see what you all come up with! Let me know also what other blog posts you would like to see me write, anything you would like me to review, I am open to suggestions!! Until next time, hope you all have a lovely day or night, and I will talk to you all, very soon! 

- Emily 






Comments

Popular Posts