HUGE Sephora + Mecca + Extras HAUL!

Cue the Brittany Spears song "Oops I did It Again" because the other day I took a trip to Sephora and Mecca with my cousin from New Zealand and some damage may or may not have been done! So its that time again where I share with you guys everything that I purchased including mini reviews on things I have already tried out before uploading this blogpost! So without further ado, lets begin! 

I am going to start with the few random bits and pieces I got in other stores first! The first thing I picked up was the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer! Firstly, I love the packaging of this bronzer, it is a little bulky but its honestly so pretty! I purely picked this up because of Kathleen Lights, she raves about this all the time! Its honestly, the most buttery bronzer I have ever used, I am not too keen on the smell of the product but its a very nice natural looking bronzer, the colour is perfect for my skin tone as well! I love it! Highly recommend so far!! 

This is just a repurchase, I use to use this a very long time ago but I just forgot to repurchase it! This is the ELF, HD under eye setting powder! This is a very fine highlighting setting powder, not much to say apart from the fact its just a really nice setting powder! Its affordable and also has little specs of glitter through it to really highlight under the eye and stops my concealer from creasing! Really like this product. 

Another ELF product I picked up was the Baked Blush in the shade Pinktastic, I didn't pick this up to use as a blush but more so to use as a nice golden like highlight! It has a little bit of pink splashed through it but it definitely doesn't show up on the skin. I love the texture and formula of baked blushes, especially elf ones, so I would 100% recommend this if you love those golden, glowy highlighters that you can either layer up, or just throw on a soft layer! Its beautiful! 
This purchase was purely because of Shaaanxo, she uses this all the time in her videos and I have been dying to try it! This is the NYX contour kit, I didn't have many kits prior to this haul so I definitely wanted to try out more. I love that this has a large variety of colours, cool and warm, and has beautiful highlighter shades as well including a banana powder which is very handy. I haven't had a chance to try this out yet I have only watched it. So I look forward to trying this out! 

Moving onto Mecca purchased products, I got the Too Faced Born This Way concealer! Again, I have been dying to try this, I have worn it once so far and I do like it, I do have to test it out some more as I am sick at the moment so my skin isn't quite how it normally is. I can tell you this is very creamy and has great coverage and didn't look heavy or cakey on the skin! So far so good but we shall see when my skin and myself is better! 

Another product that I am really late on the band wagon to try is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. I just got the mini travel size version because I just wanted to try it out before purchasing the full bottle! I can tell you already I love it! I used it the other day and it lasted all throughout the day into the night and even lasted through a concert and it was a very hot day here in Brisbane! My makeup looked amazing still at 11pm at night when I went to take it off, it was amazing, and I also loved that it was very cooling and hydrating for my skin as well! Really love this product and will for sure purchase the full size eventually! 
Another product I already have fallen in love with is the Too Faced, Sweethearts bronzer. This is fairly new I believe but it was sold out for a while. I love it! Its the perfect warm colour for me, not too golden but not too cool toned, I love it! I love the two different shades o bronzer in it, mixing them together create the perfect bronzer colour for all over the face, I love it!! I even take it onto my cheeks to use as a blusher because I am not a huge blush fan! I love it, and I love the packaging as well! Highly recommend. 

Again, another product I was late on the band wagon for is the Two Faced Hangover RX primer! I love the coconut smell of this product! Reminds me very much of the Marc Jacobs coconut primer, and if even I think its better. I tried a sample of the Marc Jacobs one and honestly I prefer this Too Faced one, way more! Its so smoothing, it calms my skin down and its so moisturising which is what I look for in primers, because my skin is so dry I need that added moisture and this does it for me, it also helps to make my makeup last all day but most importantly it adds moisture to my skin and gives a nice smooth base for my foundation! LOVE! 

I picked up a sample/travel size of the Nars Creamy Radiant concealer, I got the shade Vanilla. Its the perfect colour for my skin! I actually really like this concealer, its creamy, like the name would suggest, it has great coverage, easy to blend, didn't crease under my eyes, it was a really nice concealer. Very comparable to the Maybeline Fit Me Concealer, the only difference is the Fit Me concealer I would say is a slight bit thinner, but other than that, very much the same! I love it!! Definitely would purchase the full size! 
Another Urban Decay product I got was the Naked original eyeshadow palette. I love the packaging of this palette, probably more than all the other ones they have. This palette just stood out to me and I would for sure use these colours more than the other palettes they have. I have used a very of the shadows already and they are very pigmented and smooth, lasted all day and night on my lids without creasing and without a primer as well. They were easy to blend, lovely colours as well, not a bad shade in this palette. I really love it and I also don't mind the brush that it comes with as well! 

Too Faced was my undoing I swear, I also got the Better Than Sex mascara, I haven't tried this out yet but I have herd good things about it. I love volumizing mascaras so hopefully this achieves the look that I want! Super excited to try this out! 

Moving onto Sephora products! Which I think is the biggest part of this haul! Starting off with Tarte, I only picked up one product which is very surprising for me. This is their new highlighter they just recently brought out! I love it! Its so smooth yet very pigmented, you can layer it up or just apply a light layer to the skin. It just looks so glowy and flawless, I honestly do really really like it!! So far so good!! 

From It Cosmetics I got the Bye Bye Pores pressed powder! I have tried this out a little bit so far, and personally I don't think I like it as an all over face powder. I do like it to set just under my eyes with this powder, it makes my under eyes look so bright and awake and also very smooth! Stops my concealer from creasing which is a big plus! I do dust this lightly through the centre of my face where I have visible pores, and it does smoothen my skin. Personally I don't think it erases my pores completely but I will continue to use it! I just think there are primers out there that do a better job at hiding pores than this powder! 

I also just released in this haul, I barely got any lip products, probably because I have done so many recently its kind of gotten a bit out of hand. However I did pick up one from Kat Von D, this is her liquid lipstick in Lolita, the original, shade one of Lolita. I love Kat Von D, she has some amazing shades, I just got the one today but I love this shade! Its very hard to describe! Its a shade you just got to see for yourself. The formula is not a drying formula, it feels lightweight on the lips, lasts a long time, just don't eat too much greasy food because of course, oil breaks down the product, its comfortable and it layers well too! 

Late on the band wagon with this, but I got the Kat Von D Shade and Light contour palette. I have used two of the contour shades just once, so I can't say my exact opinion on it so far apart from the fact they do feel very nice and smooth and the shades I tried blend nicely and can give a nice natural or harsh contour. Haven't tried the highlight shades yet but I have herd very good things and I see people raving and using this all the time on YouTube so I am very excited to test this out some more!! 

I also got the Shade & Light Eyeshadow palette. Again I haven't tried out this palette as of yet, but its all matte shades which makes me very happy because I feel like you just can't have enough matte eyeshadows. Again, I have herd very good things about this, I see people use it all the time so I am very excited to also give this a go! 

This is just a repurchase but this is the tattoo eyeliner by Kat Von D, in the shade trooper. I really want to try the brown shade but I forgot, but I'm not going to go on about this too much because I am pretty sure I have already banged on about it in past blog posts. This is one of my wholey grail liners that just beat any other liquid liner for me. I love pen/felt tip liners, they are so easy to use, for me personally. Its black and lasts all day. Favourite eyeliner in the world! 
I picked up the Laura Mercier Radiance primer. I have only swatched this on my hand so far, but I like what I see! I am very excited to try this, it is VERY radiant and glowy which is what I am looking for, a little bit seems to go a very long way, I am hoping this way I can wear more matte foundations and just put a primer like this underneath because of my dry skin so I am very excited to give this a go! 

From Anastasia I purchased the dip brow pomade in the shade Ebony. As you can probably tell, I have already used this a few times. I was so scared to use this, I thought it was going to be difficult to use and thick, but its honestly the complete opposite. Its so easy to use, blends well, its the perfect shade for my brows since I have black hair! It still leaves your brows looking natural which I love! A little bit also goes a very long way with this product, you do not need much at all! I highly recommend this and I would use this on clients for sure! 

The only foundation I picked up on this haul was the Makeup Forever, HD foundation! I really wanted the stick one but they only had the liquid ones, which was fine I just really wanted to try out the foundation itself. I'm not going to speak about it too much because I do have a first impression/review coming very very soon so I will leave you guys waiting for this! But I am very excited to upload that blog post which will be soon so don't worry!! 

Another mascara I picked up, was from Benefit, and again I am late on the band wagon with this. This is their Roller Lash mascara, I picked up the full size one which also came with a free mini version. I have tried out the mini version and I love the wand/applicator however I was under the impression this would also have some volumizing effects to it, however on me, it was just all lengthening, I don't know if it was just because it was the travel size one I used, or what, but I do prefer volumizing clumpy mascaras and this definitely wasn't that so I don't know I am a bit on the fence about this mascara, which is a shame because everyone seems to love it! However I will use it, I will give it more of a go but we shall see! 

During my shopping I did pick up a couple of brushes from a few places including Sephora. I got two brushes from Zoeva, I got their buffer foundation brush I believe its called. I have used it a few times and I love it! I love brushes like that for blending in foundation so thats a winner for me! And I also picked up one of Zoeva's blending eye brushes, I forgot the numbers of them! Very similar to the Mac 217 though! I also did purchase a new Mac 217 brush, mine is about 3-4 years old and has absolutely had it, so it was time for a new one! I also picked up an elf angled eye brush! And two of the new Revlon brushes, their powder brush and contour brush because they were on sale, and I wouldn't of purchased them if they weren't so cheap on sale!! They aren't the softest brushes I've ever owned or tried but they do the job and I will continue to use them! They just aren't my favourite right now. 

And I think that's it!! Knowing me I have probably left out something but this is majority of the stuff I have hauled over the weekend! Like I said some of this stuff I have already been playing around with over the past few days with a foundation first impression coming soon to my blog! Its been a big weekend! I think this will be the last of my makeup purchasing for a little while until my bank account recovers but I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost!! Sorry I have been a little MIA again! I have some really cool blogposts coming soon that I am super excited to share with you so keep an eye out for those! And until next time, I shall talk to you all, very very soon!! 















Comments

Popular Posts