September Favourites 2016!!

Hello there everyone! It is that time of the month again where I fill you guys in on all the things that I have been loving throughout the past month! Not going to lie, I don't really have THAT many products to share with you this month. A lot of the things that I had been also loving I had already mentioned in previous blog posts in favourites posts, so I won't re go over those, I am just going to mention the fairly new products in my collection that I've been loving! So without further ado, lets begin! 

I will quickly go over the two skincare products I have been using and abusing this past month, starting off with a new moisturiser like product. I don't know if this is actually classed as a moisturiser but anyway this is the Clinique, Moisture Surge gel. I like using this at night time, during my night skin care routine, just because at night, your skin goes through its healing process and I feel like its just the best time to soak up this product. This product screamed out to me when I purchased it because my skin is so dry. I definitely have noticed a difference in my skin since using this, my skin isn't as dry as often, sure its still dry, but this just provides a really lovely base for my skin, and for makeup if I decide to put a little bit on in the morning. I love that its a salmon tone as well which just completely evens out my skin tone and make me look awake and fresh. A little bit goes a really long way, its travel friends as in the packaging is plastic not glass. It is pricey but I feel like its worth it. 

The last skincare product I want to quickly mention is this little guy, this is the First Aid Beauty, Triple Eye Remedy Overnight Balm. This little pot cost me $60AUD which is crazy for such a small little tub but I do have to admit, a little bit goes a long way and its actually lasted quite well so far. Its exactly what it says, when it says its a balm. The texture is very much like a lip balm, not a moisturiser like consistency which is quite nice. I do have problems with dry under eyes and I had noticed my concealer just wasn't looking nice under there so decided to give it a go. It is doing the job, I do admit that, I have noticed a difference in the dark inner corners of my eyes, they aren't nearly as dark as what they use to be, which is a good thing. I do have to say, that it does burn my eyes a little bit only for a few seconds. It does the job, travel friendly because it is so small! Will I repurchase? Not sure at this stage, it is doing the job but I do want to try other eye creams as well! 
Moving onto makeup products, I have been loving using the Garnier, Perfect Blur as a primer over the past month. This has been sitting in my collection for a while but I have been using it lately just to smoothen over the top of my pore areas where they are most visible. This just smooths them over, gets rid of any fine lines or imperfections I have on my skin, it provides an amazing smooth base for my foundation to glide over the top. I love this. I recommended this to my friends and fellow makeup artists and they went out and purchased it and loved it. Highly recommend if you have problems with pores and want something that's extremely affordable!! 

This bronzing powder I have been reaching for when I want to just chisel out my cheek bones and do a little bit of contouring. This is the Bahama Mama bronzer by The Balm. Its not too orange toned and not too ash toned, its perfect for my skin tone to provide a not so harsh and heavy contour but still provide some sculpt to my complexion! Its a soft powder so easy too blend! Again, had this in my collection for a while and not sure if I've already mentioned it in the past but I'm mentioning it again if I have. I just really love this. Even as an allover bronzer its super lovely and doesn't make you look muddy! Love this bronzing powder! 

This highlighting palette, has been my absolute ride or die highlighting palette, for, absolutely ages now! I have been using this and abusing this ever since I ordered it! This is the Kathleen Lights x Makeup Geek highlighter palette collaboration Kathleen did! Everything Kathleen creates, I buy because I just know that its going to be amazing, and this did not disappoint! I never use to be into pink highlights, but ever since I got this palette, the pink shade, Starlight, I have been using the most! I love the formula and consistency of these powders, they are so smooth and build able and intense! The pan size is massive so its worth the $35 I think this palette retails for. Even if you are too fair to use the darker highlight colour, its still great as an eyeshadow as well or bronzer topper! You need this palette in your life if you like a strong highlight that sits on your skin nicely! It isn't chunky what so ever! I freaking love this palette! I cannot get enough of it!! 

A lip colour I've been using quite frequently is this Colourpop Ultra Satin lipstick in the shade Alyssa. Again this is one of Kathleen's creations she made with Colourpop. I just really love this colour. I am normally not into pinks at all, and usually all about the mauve, dark, colour life, or purples, or browns, and taupe colours! But this is such a pretty dusty pink mauve like rose kind of colour! Its just super pretty and youthful and looks so nice with my skin tone and lips! It goes with so many eye looks, its affordable, its comfortable on the lips as well, a lot more comfier than the Ultra Matte range! It does transfer and its not completely full proof but it still leaves your lips with a nice little tint which I think is just super pretty anyway! Love this shade in particular. 

This BeautyBlender Solid cleanser bar, thing has been a lifesaver over the past few months since I purchased it. Its made cleaning brushes soooooo much easier and quicker! I use to wash all brushes by hand by putting soap into my hands, constantly having them under water was a struggle and was such a drag, but now I can just swirl my damp brush in this soap, and rinse. Its so simple and easy, inexpensive as well. I don't think it cleans beauty blenders that great I find it difficult to use on beauty blenders but brushes, this is just a great soap. I just have found this so much more enjoyable and easier to use. So just thought I would give this little guy a mention! 

Another bronzer I have been loving, even though I did mention it in my latest blogpost haul, I have actually had this for a few weeks now, and I LOVE it!! This is the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer and I tell you, its exactly what the name says. This bronzer is so buttery and creamy and just amazing! It glides over the skin and blends so amazingly into the skin! Its the perfect colour and undertone for me. I don't use this as a highlight cause it does have some glow to it, but its amazing as an all over face bronzer or even as a crease eyeshadow colour! Its a little pricey here in Australia but well worth it! IF you can get your hands on this, it is in some Priceline's definitely pick it up! I just can't get over how buttery this product is. I am not too keen on the scent, it does linger on your brushes but its just so nice I will let that slide!! Highly recommend! 

The last product I am going to share with you today is this eyeliner by Mac its called Costa Riche. Its a very red/maroon undertones brown liner! I just have been really into brown eyeliner recently, its so much nicer on my brown/hazel/green undertoned eyes! Its a lot more natural looking and easier to wear on an everyday basis. I just like to blend this under my lower lash line and on the outer corners of my eyes just to add a little something without going crazy! Its just super soft and nice I love it! It brings out the more hazel and green tones in my eyes without making me look like I have pink eye because it does have some red undertone to it. I just really like this eyeliner, and its creamy as well for a wooden liner pencil so I really have been enjoying using this quite frequently in my everyday makeup routine! 

That's it, those are just some of the things I have been loving over September! Please let me know what products you have been loving over September! I would love to hear from you! I hope you all have a fantastic day or night whatever you are doing and until next time, I will talk to you all very soon!! 

-Emily 




Comments

Popular Posts