HUGE Makeup Geek HAUL!

I AM SO EXCITED to be writing this blog post right now, I tell ya! This morning my "Makeup Geek" package finally arrived that I ordered a little under two weeks ago! I was going to actually film a YouTube video of me doing an un-boxing/haul of these products but I just couldn't contain myself and just jumped straight into the package. So today, I have a huge haul for you all, and I hope you enjoy! 

First off  I am going to start off with all the brushes that I picked up! (Left to Right - Soft Dom Brush, Bent Liner Brush, Outer V Brush, Pencil Brush, Foundation Stippling Brush) These brushes without a doubt are probably some of the softest I probably own if I'm honest. The first brush I picked up is the "foundation stippling brush" this has to be one of my favourites. Rumour has it though, they changed the brush to a smaller size, I personally wouldn't want it any bigger than what it is now, it fits my face shape and size so perfectly and I can't wait to start using this as I am slightly addicted to trying out/buying new foundation brushes, so I am highly excited! 
The eye brushes are also really nice, the soft dome brush is the next one I picked up, and already a favourite. This is going to be great at blending out that outer crease as its tapered so its going to be great for precision and blending at the same time! 
I didn't actually have a bent liner brush which is why I purchased it. I am horrible with gel eyeliner so this is going to give me some motivation to practise some more! The pencil brush is a little disappointing... well lets be honest it is a really nice brush but I personally was expecting it to be a little softer than what it was however I am not sure if all pencil brushes are meant to be as hard as this one. The outer V brush  is normal just like any regular brush designed for this purpose. 


To go with the Bent Liner Brush that I picked up, I also got a gel eyeliner, this is in the shade immortal. Again, its just your basic black gel eyeliner, and hopefully this is really easy to work with and I look forward to giving it a go.
One product that went straight into my basket online was the pigment in the shade "Insomnia." This
pigment is very much like Mac's Blue Brown pigment. This has so many lovely warm colours in it like a warm/orange like brown, greens and blues, its just absolutely stunning and I can't wait to try this out, perhaps I might do a tutorial using this product? I also have to mention the packaging of this product I do like as well and also rumour has it the packaging got changed? and I love that it comes with a little stopper as well to prevent mass spillages.

Time for the eye-shadows! I should also mentioned I picked up a medium back Z palette from the "Makeup Geek" website as I didn't own one so of course it was a must have. I'm not sure if "Makeup Geek" do this for everyone but they kindly included some spare eye-shadow pan magnets incase I had any loose eye-shadows or wanted to depot anything that didn't have a magnetic bottom on them which I thought was so lovely and handy! 


(1st row) Left to right - White Lies,Peach Smoothie, Chickadee, Creme Brulee, Mango Tango
(2nd row) Left to right - Last Dance, Burlesque, Bitten, Showtime, Flame Thrower
(3rd row) Left to right - Dirty Martini, Shimmermint, Havoc, Nautica, Houdini 

Moving on to the actual eyeshadows, the first shade I have here is called white lies. This is just a basic matte white shade, great for highlighting or priming the eyelid whilst setting down any eyeshadow base primer that was used or concealer on the eyelids! 

Peach Smoothie was a must have for me. I love colours like this. Its just a really nice creamy, matte crease, transition or lid shade, its not quite peachy pink but not also completely orange which I think its great, will be great to throw into warm crease looks! 

Chickadee is also very similar and can be used the same as Peach Smoothie however Chickadee is a lot more orange. Its still again matte but just that little bit more orange and vibrant as Peach Smoothie.

Creme Brulee in the photo above looks almost identical to Peach Smoothie, but I promise you in real life its not. Creme Brulee is just that tiny bit more brown than orange or peach and will make the perfect transition shade in the crease. Its also matte. 

Mango Tango definitely doesn't look mango but its just the most lovely, delicious looking peach pink in this row of shadows. Its definitely a lot more pink and a lot more vibrant than previously mentioned shades. Its got that SLIGHT hint of silver and golden specs to it. This will make such a beautiful summer and spring eye look come to life. 

Moving on into the dark, plum purple shades. The first one here is called Last Dance, this shade also has a slight golden shimmer to it, you could honestly still use this in the crease if you wanted to but is just a beautiful mauve shade of purple. 

Next to that is Burlesque, a part of me regrets getting this shade as its almost so similar to Last Dance, this shade however is just that little bit more purple without the grey undertone to it, and is a hint darker than Last Dance. 

This next shade is one of my favourites and after I saw Kathleen Lights do a tutorial using this shade, I just had to pick it up, this is Bitten and its just this gorgeous matte purple, mauve like plum shade. I feel like this shade has just the tiniest bit more red in it than the other purple shades I have and will go gorgeously with any of these purple shades, being a more outer crease colour or you can totally use this by itself! 

I picked up a couple of foiled eye-shadows. The first one I got is called Showtime. I thought this would go absolutely hand in hand with any of the purple shades I picked up, especially Bitten. This foiled eye-shadow will almost look wet on the eyelid and just look so foiled and stunning as its filled with tons of chunks of golden and small silver glitters in it! I can't wait to use this! 

The next foiled eyeshadow I have here is Flame Thrower. Again, another shade I just had to pick up, its just a gorgeous golden, bronze like shadow with tons of golden chunks of glitter. It even has bits of blue/black glitter specs through it as well, I am so excited to use this eye-shadow as I love my warm, bronze looks! 

I picked up a matte green, this is Dirty Martini. I have been after a perfect matte green shade for such a long time now and thought this would look amazing on my eyes or any eye colour to be precise. Its that perfect mauve, khaki green, olive shade that's not too dark and not too light, its just perfect. 

This next shade I thought would go quite well with Dirty Martini and this is Shimmermint. The name pretty much described this shadow, its a very shimmery, minty green shade. I saw an eye look on Pinterest recently using shades similar to these and thought wow I would love to recreate that so that's why I picked these up, hopefully might do a nice Christmas tutorial with these! 

I couldn't not pick up a duo-chrome eye-shadow, this is in the shade Havoc. Again, I saw Kathleen Lights use this in a video of hers and loved the look she created with it which is why i got it! Again very similar to the Insomnia pigment but just in a pressed eye-shadow. Its got that perfect amount of brown, green even a bit of blue in there, I just love the way it looks. If you would like to see this swatched look on the Makeup Geek website they have an incredible swatch of it that shows its true colours! 

I picked up two colours I wouldn't normally go for, however I really want to create some lovely looks with these! The first shade is Nautica. I love this shade of navy/royal blue. Its got shimmer through it so its not completely matte, however I still think you could get away with using this in the crease ever so slightly, however it is a lid shade, and just looks absolutely stunning! I have been loving colours like these on my eyes recently! 

FINALLY another foiled eyeshadow, this is Houdini. I love the name and love the shadow. Its a beautiful chunky navy blue shadow with specs of almost aqua and teal blue glitter chunks and bits of silver as well. I love colours like these and thought might go nice with Nautica or another navy blue matte eye-shadow. 

These eye-shadows retail about $6 US dollars on the Makeup Geek website which I will have listed bellow. I will also list all the prices of all the products as well for you all. These shadows are honestly worth the money and would 100% recommend picking these up if you can! They are so pigmented and buttery and creamy particular the matte shadows. Hopefully the brushes work well and also the gel eyeliner. Again will let you know how I get on with the other products and I bet they will be featured in a favourites video OR blog post in the future!

That's it, thank you guys so much for reading this long ass post. Like I said I was going to film a video where I was going to individually swatch everything for you but I wasn't able to today but just wanted to express my excitement for these products as soon as possible to you guys! 

Don't forget to follow me on my social media, and until next time! Have a lovely day! 

Signing off... Emily 

https://www.makeupgeek.com/ 

Eye Brushes: $7.99 Each
Face Brush: $17.99 Each 
Empty Black Z Palette: $17.00 
Black Gel Eyeliner: $9.99 
Eyeshadow Duochrome Pigment: $12.00
Duochrome Eyeshadow (PAN): $6.00 \
Foiled Eyeshadows: $9.99 Each 
Regular Eyeshadows: $6.00 Each


Comments

Popular Posts