October MUSIC Favourites & What's New!

Hi there everyone, I thought I would do a somewhat different "favourites" blog post that I am thinking of making a monthly thing. I love music, its been a big part of my life and I am highly passionate about it and a massive music lover, and concert goer. When starting this blog I wanted to write about my experiences/concerts I've been to (Not to brag or boast in any way shape or form but-) to tell you guys what my thoughts and opinions were, and whether certain artists are worth seeing. I also want to include more album reviews particularly for bands that I seriously think you should give a listen. 

So this is what this blog post will be, if you aren't interested into music and are here for the beauty posts that's okay, I have more beauty blog posts to come, however I wanted to share with you something different and I really hope you guys enjoy this monthly series. So without further ado, lets get into it. 

Justin Bieber has been an artist that has been absolutely smashing it recently. His hot release, "What Do You Mean" has been sitting at number 1 all around the world, ever since it was released in August. Even though this song wasn't released this month of October, this smash was still up on the charts. This is the first song he has released in a few weeks, and it didn't disappoint what so ever,  and neither did the video clip. I may not be a giant fan of the Biebs but he does make incredible music and this has been a favourite jam for the month. 

Adele is back, bigger and better than ever. Her incredible angelic voice, powerful love ballads and meaningful lyrics once again made a mark and knocked Justin Bieber off the top number 1 spot for this month. This is also the first song Adele has released in almost 3 years I believe, and she also did not disappoint. Her song "Sorry" touched my heart as soon as I herd it and has been on repeat ever since its release date. If you haven't this beautiful song, you must do so immediately. You wont regret it. 

5 Seconds Of Summer are one of the many bands who have released new albums over this month. "Sounds Good Feels Good" went to number one before the album was even released which made the anticipation of this album much higher. Now, I am someone who has been a very big fan of this band since 2012, watching them grow up as they grow as musicians has made me a very proud fan and their self titled debut album was an absolute winner in my books. However this new album hasn't hit the mark for me, there are some great songs on this album however there is many that I am not too keen on. Some of my favourite songs include, Money, Permanent Vacation, Jet Black Heart, Vapor, and Castaway. (If you would like to see a full album review blog post, please let me know.) 

Another one of my favourite artists of all time, Demi Lovato also released a brand new killer album "Confident" this month. I have been a massive fan of Demi Lovato for over 8 years now and she has seriously inspired me so much and still does. Demi's incredible powerful voice and her emotional lyrics in some of her slower ballads really gets the emotions flooding. Her more up beat party songs also hit the mark. She is a roll model like no other and some of my favourite songs from this album include, Cool For The Summer, Confident, Old Ways and For You + many more. (Again if you would like a full album review please let me know.) 

One of my favourite bands in the ENTIRE world also released a brand spanking new album this month. State Champs released their album "Around The World And Back" on October 16th and its been on replay since then for me. This band is absolutely incredible live, not to mention nothing but extremely lovely in person as well. I have had the amazing opportunity to be able to hang out with them while relaxing and chatting about things. They are absolutely incredible, their incredible personalities shine through in their songs with incredible lyrics as well. Some of my favourite songs off this album include Around The World And Back, Secrets, Losing Myself and All Or Nothing. (Again if you would like a full album review please let me know.)

The 1975 are for sure one of the hardest working bands out there, they are different, unique and absolutely incredible live. After taking a little break to "find their true selves" as a band, they are back with a brand new single "Love Me" I love this song a lot and have been non stop listening to it this whole month since release date. The video clip also was dropped the other day, this video is very eclectic and different to a lot of their previous music videos but in a good way. Their new style and look has been a big win for fans of this band and they are definitely worth seeing in concert. 

Even though this next song I am about to talk about was released on October 30th it is definitely going to be something I will be listening to a lot and without a doubt will go straight to number one. Ariana Grande absolutely smashing the charts every-time she releases a new song or album. Not only is she incredibly stunning but her voice is absolute off the wall, she is one of the most vocally talented artists out there to date, and her songs are not only great to have a dance to but have incredible lyrics and meaning behind them. Her song "Focus" is out now and would give it a listen if you are into pop music. 

In the month of September another on of my favourite bands ever Bring Me The Horizon released their new album "That's The Spirit". This album has also been on repeat throughout the whole month of October and has been a hit favourite for me. Their new sound has been a big plus for me, despite the mixed reviews of this album, I personally love this sound. This band has been known to create heavy music but this album is definitely not as heavy as their older albums, which I personally don't mind but long term hard core fans are not impressed. A band wouldn't be a band without its haters but not everyone has to like everything a band releases. I am dying to see them in concerts and hope to some day soon, I have herd they are extremely good, and from the videos they look so uplifting. Some of my favourite songs from this album include, Happy Song, Doomed, Drown, and Throne. 

 Those are just many of my favourite, stand out music releases of this month. IF you would like full album reviews on any of the ones mentioned, please let me know because I would love to give you my full honest opinions. I could of gone on for ages listing all the new music this month however thought I would just do a small incentive and work up. 

Thank you guys so much for reading, and until next time, peace out! 

~ Emily 


Comments

Popular Posts