Current top 5 Favourite "Go To" Lipsticks/Colours!

Hi there everyone!! Today's blogpost is dedicated to my top 5 favourite lipsticks, lip-colours/formulas that I genuinely love, reach to and use the most frequently. I love trying out new brands, formulas, whether they are matte or glossy formulations. I think I have more lip products in my collection than anything else so I genuinely love collecting them! It was very hard choosing colours specifically but I have also chosen formulas that I also love and have multiples of. So without further ado, lets begin. 

My first favourite is a more nude, peachy orange tone colour, this I have already spoken about before on my blog, this is by Elizabeth Arden and its her lipstick in the shade Desert Rose. Like I've said before the colour is almost described perfectly in the name, its a very desert sandy orange brown colour that just brightens up your complexion, its perfectly for day time or night time, whether you have a strong smokey eye or nothing on the lids its perfect for that everyday look. The formula is very creamy, doesn't try out your lips, it doesn't last as long as liquid lipsticks but even when the texture of the lipstick has gone it still leaves your lips with a beautiful light orange tint that you could get away with. I just love this lipstick and I have a few colours from her range and I honestly haven't worn them as much but I really love this formula of lipstick. 

My second favourite lipstick, this is in no particular order, is from Colourpop, its their ultra matte liquid lipstick in the shade Midi, I just love this shade in particular from the range. Now don't get me wrong I own a few of these lipsticks and I love a lot of the colours but this one I just reach for the most. Its the perfect my lips but better kind of nude. Its not too washout nude but its not a super dark nude, its just the perfect in-between, just like Desert Rose you can wear this with ANY eye look and not have it clash. It lasts a super long time on my lips. On me, personally it doesn't feel super drying like a lot of other people say about these particular. It doesn't crumble off, they actually feel really comfortable. Maybe its just because I am so use to matte liquid lipsticks that the drying affect doesn't bother me but I actually really enjoy them. Some shades are 100% better than others but I am happy with the shades I personally own. This has that slight pink undertone so its not going to make you look dead but its not going to be too dark on you either. I personally reach for this every day I wear makeup and its so affordable. 

This next colour in particular is my favourite spring/summer lip colour ever, this is my go to spring and summer colour and I just love it. This is the Maybelline Colour Whisper in the shade Orange Attitude. I originally saw Zoella use this in a few of her YouTube videos and I just had to go and purchase it. Its not a highly pigmented lipstick formula but its just that perfect amount of pigmentation that it adds a beautiful sheen and tint to your lips. Its a beautiful light orange shade nothing to crazy and neon, it leaves an amazing orange tint to your lips similar to Desert Rose by Elizabeth Arden. I just love the sheen it gives to my lips and I love wearing it with neutral eyes or a brown smokey eye and bronzed skin, it just looks amazing on any skin tone, and I just love the lightweight, formula and it doesn't dry out my lips either.

One of my many go to autumn winter shades is from NYX this is their Matte Lip Creams in the shade San Paulo. This definitely comes off a bit more pink than the red burgundy tone it appears in the bottle, which is why its really important you swatch and trial things because some products just look completely different than the packaging. Even though the shade comes off a more red toned pink than burgundy I still love wearing it in the autumn winter time. It doesn't crumble off my lips, it doesn't flake off either, it lasts a super long time. It 100% transfers though which is I find strange because its matte and the Colourpop one doesn't transfer. Either way it is a beautiful autumn shade and its one I reach for a lot as well. I don't exactly wear this particular lipstick ALL autumn and winter but its warm, red burgundy shades like this that I do reach for and love and use.

Last but not least is a more evening appropriate, mauve purple tone colour. This is Lumière' from the Colourpop Lippy Stick range. This is a collaboration they did with Kathleen Lights on YouTube, its actually her first collaboration. I absolutely love this. You can wear this during the day if you like with a simple eye look and some liner but I love wearing it at night too. Goes with smokey eyes or nude basic looks, either way it looks stunning on any skin tone. I definitely think this shade does change depending on your lips natural colour and skin tone, it definitely comes off more purple on me which I actually really really love. Its matte, but super creamy and hydrating, doesn't flake off, crumble, it lasts a super long time, it does transfer but again leaves your lips with a beautiful tint to them. I just love these kinds of mauve shades and colours in general and the lippy stick formula is also amazing in general!

And that's it, those are my go to, favourite lipsticks, formulation and colour wise that I have been reaching for the most recently. Of course I chop and change in my collection all the time, constantly wearing new products, formulas and shades so if you would like me to do an updated version down the track please let me know because I would love to. Definitely go out and try these shades or just these brands and formulations in general, they are amazing and highly recommend. 

Thank you guys so much for reading, hope you enjoyed, please share this around with your friends and let me know what your go to lipstick is at the moment, and until next time, I will talk to you all again, very soon! xx 

Comments

  1. loved this post Emily! you should do this kind of post with other categories of makeup (I'd personally like to see eyeshadow palettes)!!! my go to atm is 'Whirl' lipstick from MAC :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea!! That's definitely going into my book of ideas for blogposts!! I really want to try that lipstick shade!! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts