I'm Back! + February Favourites 2016!

Hi there, I know, if you are a regular reader of my blog you will know my last post was a monthly favourites blog post. I have taken a break from blogging this past month as its just been a super busy time for me, I've taken a month away to regroup and plan or the months ahead in blog posts, video planning and also building my business. However that has not stopped me from wearing makeup and loving other things this past month which I would love to share with you! 

I am going to start with skincare products. I have been absolutely demolishing through my Clarins Hydra-quench Intensive Serum this past month and a half. I've never tried a serum based product before on my skin so I was very intrigued to try this, and I love it. You guys know how much I love Clarins and how its one of the only skincare brands that really do good things for my skin type so I knew this would be good anyway. I love the way this makes my skin feel, I use this in conjunction with my moisturiser from this same line and the combination together makes my skin look and feel amazing. Pretty sure I have the travel size which comes in a glass bottle, I am not entirely sure how much this costs as it was gifted to me in the Hydra-Quench set but like I always say, its important to spend money on good skincare products because before you can have nice, good looking makeup, you need to have a good base so in my eyes its 100% worth the investment. I have noticed my T-Zone section on my face not as dry as normal and I definitely think this has helped. I apply this before moisturiser in the morning and night time to really give my skin that extra boost of hydration which it needs. Love this!

Another Clarins favourite this month, which this I have mentioned before in an old favourites video but I am re mentioning it because I love it that much. This is my holy grail hand cream, this is the Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment Cream. I mentioned the travel size of this which I throw into my handbags wherever I go but this is the full size, which honestly will last you a really really long time so definitely worth the $36 which I think is what this roughly costs. There are so many hand creams out there that claim to do things but in all honestly they just all look, feel and give the same results. BUT THIS CREAM, is no joke. I have said it before but I have really short, stumpy, wrinkly, sun damaged, old people looking hands. I have a lot of lines on my hands and wrinkles and awful nails which both my hands and nails are always constantly dry. This cream just makes my hands look and feel so young and youthful and completely minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and just hydrates my hands all day long until the night time where I re apply before bed time. This is just hands down one of the best hand creams I have tried, and nothing will ever compare to this!

I was really late on the band wagon with purchasing and trying this product but ever since I made that purchase I have loved it. Mines a bit mucky because its been in and out of my professional kit that I use on clients and my personal collection. I have used this on both myself which I loved so I used it on clients and I love it on them too. This is the Nivea Post Mens Shave Balm in sensitive. Its really important to get the sensitive version not the other one they have in this range. You are suppose to blend this into your skin until it goes tacky to get the most out of this product as a primer. It just prolongs the wear of your makeup for so much longer than most regular primers and I find some of my foundations just look even better when I use this primer than they do normally. I love this, definitely recommend giving it a go and its really inexpensive. 

I haven't really been loving any new makeup brushes this month as I have just been using the same stuff, but what I have really been loving is Chi Chi beauty blenders, or just beauty blenders in general. I use to be the person that couldn't grasp the concept of beauty blenders and couldn't work out the best way to use these but now I am absolutely loving them. I have four of Chi Chi's beauty blenders that are all different sizes and shapes. This yellow one is just the one I have been using a lot recently and I just love it. They are such good quality blenders that you can wash so many times and they don't loose their shape or colour and don't break. I love blending in foundations with this and its just completely changed my foundation game right now. So I have just been loving this. And these beauty blenders come in a 4 pack for less than $20, bargain! 
My scent of the month has been Katy Perry's Killer Queen perfume. This is the largest size it comes in and its honestly lasted me ages since Christmas! This is a Eau De Parfume which means its  going to last super long on the skin which I 100% agree with. There are a lot of perfumes that are a Eau De Toilette' which basically means they wont last as long on the skin. Again it depends on the person and their skin and scents and how they react to other scents on the skin, everyone's different. Also a lot of celebrity perfumes just don't last or show up much on perfume but this is super strong, its a Parfume and its amazing. I can smell this on me the next day after I have had a shower and slept it lingers that much. Its definitely a musky strong scent with a hint of fruitiness to it without being too overly fruity but it is definitely a strong scent to a little bit goes a really long way. 

NOTES: Top notes: dark plum, bergamot, wild forest fruits. Middle notes: Jasmine Sambac, Frangipani, Celosia, rainbow plumeria. Base notes: praline, cashmeran, patchouli. 

I haven't been wearing many eye looks this month but what I have just been chucking on my eyes are some Makeup Geek shadows. This is my palette of Make Up Geek shadows and I have been using the middle three in the top long row all this month! They are all very warm shades which are my favourite, the first one next to the white in the palette is called Peach Smoothie. You have probably herd people talking about this shadow, I love it as a transition colour its the perfect shade for me, very peachy and warm looks beautiful on anyone.
The shade in the middle next to that is Chickadee, its a more orange toned shadow, definitely more on the orange side but I still love throwing this into my crease to add a little bit of colour to my eyes, looks stunning! Last but not least is Creme Brulee which is another iconic shade. Its more brown then orange toned and is just a beautiful light warm shade to use as a transition shade as well. I actually just purchased some more shadows from MUG so definitely expect a haul post and a updated MUG collection post too!

I have been hooked on the new Kylie and Kendall game/app this month. Its really similar to the Kardashian game but I want to say the Kardashian game is better in my opinion but I have still been hooked on this all month and probably will continue to be for the rest of my life.

My music favourite this month has been by far Bring Me The Horizon's new album. I can't remember if I mentioned this last month in my favourites post but this month this has all I have listened to. I recently bought tickets to their show in Brisbane so if you are a fan and are going holla. Its definitely not for everyone but they have recently changed their sound and have gone more electronic pop, band based which I think they have pulled off fantastically and I've been enjoying it thoroughly so highly recommend giving them a little listen!

That's it, that's all I have been loving this month. I honestly haven't been doing anything different this month. Hopefully next months favourites are more exciting for you and I do apologise for not uploading in a while but I am back and have so many blog posts and tutorials and videos planned whilst my studio is being built and my website and portfolio put together. Thank you so much for all your support, all links will be bellow and until next time, I will talk to you guys really soon!

- Emily xx

Website: www.emilykatemua.com.au
Portfolio: http://emilykateduffin.wix.com/emilykatemua
Twitter: https://twitter.com/emilykatemua
Instagram: @emilykatemua & @itsemileee



Comments

Popular Posts