HUGE Mac Makeup Haul!


Hi everybody! I did it again, I spent a little too much money in the Mac Pro store recently stocking up for my makeup artist kit and I thought it would be a great idea to share with you products that I got that I will be using on clients as well as myself! So without further ado, lets begin! 

One of the first counters I walked up to was the foundation counter. I was planning on buying 4 new foundations for my kit from the Studio Fix range as I herd that it was one of the better foundations to use as a makeup artist and on clients. This foundation provides a medium coverage that's easily buildable and very lightweight on the skin and looks great in photos. Which is one of the main reasons I purchased this foundation in particular. I got four shades, I picked up NW 10, NC 37, NC 45 and NC 15. I decided to go with a few warm tones and cooler tones that I can easily mix or purchase other in-between shades or even darker shades. Unfortunately with the foundations you do have to buy separate pumps for them, so I purchased two pumps as they had sold out on the night. I will go back and grab some more though for sure. 

Moving onto powders, I was aiming to add three powders to my kit, one light, medium and darker shade. I picked up shades N5, NW10, and NC42 in the Studio Fix powder range. I feel like three colours is a good start if you are a studying makeup artist and are looking for shades or powders to put into your kit. Once again this can be used as its own foundation OR as a touch up, setting powder which is what I also plan to use it as. The powder feels super smooth and I look forward to trying this out myself and on clients. 
Eye primers are super important and are an essential in my makeup kit and my own personal collection. I herd a lot of people rave about this including Kathleen Lights who swears this is one of the best eye primers she has ever used. This is the Prep & Prim, 24 hour extended eye base primer. Its a clear primer that you of course put on before eyeshadow to give the shadows to stick onto and also pro long the wear of your eyeshadow and also prevent creasing. Its a great size and not too heavy or bulky for the kit. 

For concealer, instead of buying individual concealers that can work out just as expensive as palette concealers, I purchased two of the Pro Concealer Pallets. I got the light, and medium deep I think its called shades. I do definitely want to go back and collect the other two shades but I decided this would be a good start. I love this because not only do they come with concealers they also have colour correctors in them as well which makes them great value for money. I look forward to using these and they are super sleek and lightweight easy to travel with and there is so many variations of colour that I could also mix together separately. 

Not going to lie, this next purchase was just for me, and I decided to treat myself to three Mac Lipsticks as I have never owned any of their lipsticks ever and I have been dying to try these colours. I picked up the shades Creme Sheen which everyone has herd of, Velvet Teddy which is a beautiful brown, nude colour and Stone which is a very dark, vampy, cool toned brown grey colour which looks absolutely stunning, on peachy warm complexions or even cool toned skin. I have been dying to try these shades so I am very excited to be adding these to my personal collection, however I definitely will be going back and grabbing more shades to depot and start my own little lipstick palette. 

Another staple product I had to get was the Fix + spray. This can be used as a water based primer for your face, however I will be using it to spray on my brush when applying eyeshadows to intensify the lid colour. I just got the regular Fix + as opposed to the scented ones however I definitely will be going back and grabbing another one so I don't have to keep swapping out from the kit to my personal collection. 

Needless to say I did spend a fair amount in Mac and I do want to point out that I work very hard to be able to afford the things I buy. I also got given two free sample products of the Strobe Cream and the Mineralised Lotion which was super kind of them! 

I definitely will be making some more purchases soon however in the meantime I hope you enjoyed this little haul! Let me know what other hauls or products you would like to see in future blog posts. My next blogpost is going to be all about my Makeup Geek Eyeshadow collection so stay tuned for that! And until next time, I will talk to you all very very soon! Byeeee - Emily xx 

Comments

  1. IM OBSSESSED WITH THIS POST! I'd love to see how the stone lipstick looks on you! Pls post a selfie with it on Insta asap 😂😂 hope you're well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally didn't see this comment gah!! Stone on me comes off more as a mauve grey kind of colour, its super dark on me but I have seen so many different skin tones wearing it and it just comes off so different on everyone! Its beautiful though I freaking love it!! xx

      Delete
  2. also let me know how that eye primer goes, I have super oily lids and I'd love to invest in some different shadow primers! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!! I tried out the eyeshadow primer! It goes alright, My eyelids are super dry and I do find it does actually cling to a lot of the dryness I have, I think it should work well on oily lids but for me personally it not the best I have tried! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts