Massive Drug-store Beauty Hall!

Hello everybody! 
I just wanted to start off this new blog post by saying how sorry I am for neglecting my blog the past few months. A lot of things have been happening and changing in my life with my health, living, study and work obligations but I am back and so excited for the blog posts to come! 

To celebrate the start of blogging again, I thought I would treat myself to some new makeup and beauty bits and pieces and tell you how I got on with them! So lets begin! 

The first product I have here, is the Maybelline, Master Sculpt contouring and highlighting due in the shade, 01 LIGHT MEDIUM. I have been absolutely dying to get my hands on this product ever since it was released, so when I saw it in stores, I couldn't help but pick up this product. When I started using this product I felt like it wasn't very pigmented. However I realised I probably should of got a shade darker, but I have then also realised this product just gives that subtle contouring effect to your cheek bones which is great for thoses with fair skin. It is coming into summer here so I am starting to tan up a little bit more than I would in the winter so I feel like this will definitely be better for me during the winter time, however it is a lovely product. The highlighter itself isn't that great, I love glowing highlighters and I just feel like it doesn't do anything for me. 




This next product I have also been dying to try. It is the Rimmel, Wake Me Up concealer in the shade ivory. (I think - its one of the lightest shades) This product honestly did disappoint me after using it. I absolutely the Wake Me Up foundation, its one of my summer essential foundations, however this concealer did nothing for me.  I am not sure if its because its too light for me or just the coverage itself, but I put this under my eyes to conceal, as I normally would, and it just didn't cover anything, it just moulded into my foundation and blended away. I feel this this may be better at highlighting the face however it just didn't conceal anything at all for me, which just disappointed me so much. 



I picked up some fake tan, which I don't normally buy because I don't need to fake tan, but I knew this was a new product for Rimmel and I just had to give it a go. This is Rimmel's Sun Shimmer self tanning mousse in the shade Light Matte. I used a self tanning glove (which I also bought which you will see beside this) and I applied two thin layers of this on my entire body as I wasn't sure how dark it was going to go. To be honest, it didn't really do much to my arms, if anything it just evened out my skin tone so I had no awkward tan lines. It did tan my legs more slightly. When self tanning you do need to make sure you ex foliate first and constantly moisturise. I am someone who suffers with extremely dry, dehydrated skin, this did cling to those dry patched obviously but on my back ONLY. It didn't cling to anything on my legs or arms or shoulders (thankfully) Would I repurchase this product afterwards? Probably not. 



Believe it or not, I don't actually own a beauty blender, which is why I had to pick this little guy up. This is the Chi Chii makeup blending sponge. I was tossing up between this and real techniques. I always thought beauty blenders would be such a hassle, I didn't really understand how they could work better than a brush as I always thought they would just soak up all the product, but they actually don't. I have used this a couple of times now and I likes the way it blends out foundation with an even, medium coverage. I am not sure if I like it more than using a traditional brush, however I 100% will experiment with this product more.





I picked up another Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad In Bronze I believe its called. I love the colour tattoos they last so long on my eyes, they don't crease or fade, I just love them. However this colour particular I had problems applying, it just looked muddy on my eyelids even after blending out. I did put eyeshadows over the top and I do have to say they did last all night. I will have to keep at it with this product and hope I can find a way to stop it from looking so muddy but blending is the key with these and quickly as they do set very very fast. 


From NYX, I picked up their Dewy Finishing Spray. I love NYX and I have been dying to give this a go for such a long time so I bit the bullet and went for it. I have used this a couple of times now and I do have to say, it does make my makeup last longer than normal, whether this makes me look more dewy is yet to be noticed but it does put some hydration and moisture back into my face as like I said, have extremely dry skin. I am not keen on the scent of this product, it is very sickly and does not smell the best, it doesn't sting my eyes and it hasn't broken me out. So far so good with this product. 




I picked up another lipstick because why not, this is by Maybelline and its their lustorious lipstick collection I believe, I am not 100% sure but I do know they are very new. This is in the shade 700 Barely Bloomed. I swatched this on the back of my hand in the store, I absolutely loved the colour, it looked like such a great summer, spring colour for a neutral glowy makeup look however, when I put this colour on my kips at home, it did wash me out quite a bit, it looked like I had "concealer lips" and just didn't look very nice, However I did put a more pink and orange lipstick on top of this colour and it created the most pretty orange nude colour that I will for sure be paring and wearing together for the majority of spring and summer. 



This next product I am so excited to share with you all. This is the Chi Chi Mattes 2 pallet. I love Chi Chi, and I love their eyeshadow pallets, I have not yet tried any of the shadows in this product as I do want to do a first impression blog post so keep an eye out for that! However I didn't realise there was 2 matte pallets until I got home, however I am not bothered by this, I still love the look of all the shades in the pallet. I own multiple Chi Chi products including their eyeshadows and pallets and have never been disappointed so I have high expectations for this product. 


This next product I have already purchased, however in the original cream formula and packaging. This is the Cocoa Butter Formula Rapid Moisturiser SPRAY LOTION. I was completely unaware that my holy grail body moisturiser came in a spray version. I can sometimes be quite lazy with my body moisturising daily, which is very bad, but I thought with this product it might stop me from being so lazy as I can just chuck this on morning and night or whenever I feel like my skin needs some hydration. This stuff is seriously amazing for those with dry and dehydrated skin like myself, it really does help and do wonders for your skin and highly worth the investment. 



This next product is a repurchase, this is the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation that I have already spoken about briefly. This is in the shade, 103 True Ivory. This is my summer foundation, this is the foundation I turn to and love and wear to absolute death during the summer time. I could not love a foundation more than this I reckon. This foundation sits so beautiful on my skin. It doesn't cling to any dry patches at all, it doesn't sink into any pores or fine lines what so ever. This just looks so dewy, radiant, glowy and fresh on the skin which is why it is so perfect for the spring and summer months. Even though this shade says its an Ivory shade, it can be quite orange and dark at times so if you are fair make sure you swatch it and match it to your face and neck as this shade is dark for me which is why I don't ware it during winter. The shade lighter is also quite orange. Despite that, this is just such a beautiful foundation and it lasts all day on my skin!


This next product I threw in my basket not reading it properly and actually looking at what I was buying. This is the Garnier pore refining toner. To be honest, all I saw was the title of this product, "pore refiner" which I thought great, I will need because I like to think my pores are quite prominent and noticeable if I don't use a primer. I have never really been a fan of Garnier products (Apart from their micellar water) as everytime I have used them they have absolutely burned my face or broke me out. This is specifically designed for those with oily skin which I didn't realise until I got home. I did try it out a couple of times, however it just burned the heck out of my face, it broke me out major and it just burned. I did pass this onto a friend who has oily skin so hopefully she has a better experience with it than I did. 



This next product is another one I had been dying to try, this is the Simple Micellar Clensing Water. This has been compared to things like Bioderma, the Garnier Clensing Water and I have only ever tried the Garnier one. To be honest I probably do prefer the Garnier one as it is the only product by Garnier that doesn't burn my skin. This Simple clenser, doesn't burn my skin but I just feel like its not as strong as the Garnier one as in doesn't get everything off. I feel like this one I need multiple cotton pads to remove my eyemakeup which is not the case with the Garnier one. I just feel more obliged to use Garnier however I will still be using this as its still pretty decent, I just personally prefer the Garnier one. 


I picked up another foundation which is again another repurchase. This is the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in the shade 120, Classic Ivory from their Dewy collection. I love the Maybelline Fit Me collection, I believe that every product is great however I have not tried the matte foundation version as I do have dry skin so I tend to stay away from matte foundations unless I have a extremely glowy and dewy primer, however I have also herd its not the best foundation. BUT, the dewy version is great. This stuff is hella dewy I am not kidding. This is a new formula which is why I repurchased it, as I want to give it a go, I use to love the old formula however I did find it was getting "too dewy" to the point it was just sliding off my face and getting on everything and transferring on my hands even though I was setting it with powders. So hopefully this one doesn't do that, but I will let you know how I get on with this. 


I picked up the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, I accidentally picked up the waterproof version. Even though I have tons of unopened mascaras and ones I need to use up, this I just needed to try. I love this!!! The applicator of the product is great, its like the Benefit They're Real mascara applicator, which I do love. I prefer these rubber applicators as I feel like they don't swallow up my eyes and don't clump my eyelashes, they coat every single lash and good for getting those inner eyelashes an lower lashes. I love the volume and length this gives and it doesn't budge and its very inexpensive. MUST TRY!! 







I picked up the Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof kohl eyeliner in the shade nude. I actually don't own any nude/cream colour eyeliners for the lower lashline which is why I picked this up. Its super inexpensive and it does really open up the eyes and stays for a long time. 

This next AND FINAL PRODUCT I have that I have also been dying to try is the Maybelline Brow Drama brow mascara in the shade translucent. The reason I got the translucent one is because my eyebrows are super thick and natural as they are and don't need the added on colour. I just wanted something that was going to keep my brow hairs in place all day, and this does the job for sure. I am looking at trying out more brow mascaras or wax's so please let me know your favourite ones! 

And that is it! This is a super big haul which I hope you all liked! Let me know what you have purchased recently, I would love to know! Make sure you like, comment and follow me on all my social media!! Until next time! Have a lovely day! xx 
~ Its Emilee 

Comments

Popular Posts