Spring/Summer Nailpolish Essentials!

Hello there everybody, welcome back to another blog post! Today I will be telling you guys all about my summer "go to" nail polishes that I wear the absolute pants off throughout spring and Summer! 

I narrowed it down to just 5 nail polishes as well as telling you guys what my favourite base coat I like to use and my favourite top coat. So without further ado, lets begin! 

I am going to kick it off with my favourite base/top coat which is the Sally Hanson "Hard As Nails"
nail treatment. This is one of the best nail polish base coats I have ever tried. It really does prolong the wear of my nails and does prevent a lot of chipping, as I do also use it as a topcoat as well for the extra seal! This I do find really does work at strengthening my nails, whenever I use this my nails do actually grow more, and of course become stronger. I have very weak nails due to work and working with horses an animals a lot so they become quite fragile, also biting them doesn't help! I find whenever I do apply this base coat I don't bite my nails as much because I know I have this on my nails so for me it acts as a barrier which I love. This is inexpensive and a great little investment.



Moving on, in no particular order, one of my favourite nail polishes I like to wear in spring in summer is this beautiful bright, fuchsia like pink by Sports Girl called "Tangerine". I purchased this in the Sports Girl store (In Australia) for around $6 or $7. This is just a beautiful shade for spring and summer and is an absolute essential in my collection. I personally think this kind of colour should be in everyone's collection. Its a beautiful bright and fun colour and looks amazing on any skin tone! I personally love these nail polishes by Sports Girl because the formula isn't too watery but also isn't ridiculously thick.


This next colour I absolutely love, its by one of my favourite drug store make up brands called Chi Chi. This beautiful shimmery teal green colour is called "Booty-Licious" This is one of my favourite shades for spring and summer. Its again, very affordable and another shade that is beautiful with any skin tone. I love Chi Chi nail polishes. They have so many to choose from and they are great quality, they are extremely pigmented. They last a really long time on my nails without chipping. They are just great nail polishes and I am happy to own a few of them! 



I have another go to nail polish from the shop Sports Girl. This is their nail polish called "Matte Coral" and its somewhat similar to the polish I first mentioned. The difference with this nail polish is that its matte (obviously) but its also a pastel colour which I absolutely love. If you could have a layer of neon with a layer of pastel put over the top, this is the colour it would be. Its so pretty and again suites every skin tone! Its got just the right amounts of orange and pink put into this colour to make it so unique. I don't see very many bright pastel colours around in the drug store which is why I love this one so much!


This next nail polish is from one of my holy grail nail polish brands, I live and breathe these nail polishes they are such great quality, such luxurious packaging yet its such an affordable price you can't really go wrong with these. This is by Sinful Colours which you can get in Target and its called "At Sea" and its from their Gel Tech' Shine range which the silver metal brush tops. I love this range. The formula of these nail polishes are absolutely incredible, it looks and feels like a high end nail polish. Its not a ridiculously thick formula but its not water like thin. They are also very pigmented and don't need to do tons of coats. They also last ages on my nails without chipping The colour of this nail polish is absolutely stunning none the less. Its a beautiful mauve like sky blue with a hint of pastel to it. Again, its a colour that's quite unique and also bright and fun, which is perfect for the spring and summer. I really love this nail polish! Its probably my favourite. 

Last but not least is a bright banana yellow nail polish from MUD called "Hello Yellow". Every spring and summer nail collection have to have a bright yellow. I feel like its just an absolute must have because you can't go wrong with a bright fun yellow. I love this one in particular because even though its a ridiculously cheap, affordable brand, the quality of these nail polishes is actually quite impressive. I have tons of MUD nail polishes and tons of yellow nail polishes but the formula of the other yellow nail polishes I own don't even compare to the MUD formula. Aside from the fact the colour is extremely beautiful, its also very pigmented which is great because you don't need to apply so many layers like most yellow nail polishes. Again, takes ages to chip on my nails. The packaging isn't the most glamorous but I can't complain because the quality and colour range is amazing in itself! 

And that's it! Those are my top 5 nail polish picks for spring and summer! These are my must haves and I feel like if you are missing colours like these in your collection or you have never tried these brands, you need to pick them up as they are absolutely incredible. I am a nail polish hoarder which made it very difficult to choose just 5 nail polishes. However I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post! And until next time! Have a lovely day or evening wherever you are in the world! 

~ Its Emilee 


Comments

Popular Posts