October Makeup/Beauty Favourites!

Hello everyone, welcome back! This month I have been loving so many products that I just had to share with you. So sit back, grab a drink or a snack or two, lets get into it!


I am going to start off with skincare related products, kicking it off with the Simple "Kind to skin" Micellar Cleansing Water. I first have to start off by saying, I am an avid user of the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water, and I still am, it is my holy grail. However this month I ran out of that and decided to give the Simple one a go, and I do like it, I am not sure if I like it more than my Garnier one but it did the job this month. Its so soft and gentle on the skin, causing no irritation at all even though my skin is super sensitive. It didn't burn my eyes either. I think its a great affordable Micellar water if you can't get your hands on the Garnier one or want another alternative to Bioderma, definitely give this one a go.

I am pretty sure I have mentioned this holy grail product of mine in a previous blog post before but I just had to mention it again. This is the Clarins "Nail and Hand Treatment" cream. This is by far one of the best hand creams I have ever tried, and believe me, I have tried so many. I have wrinkly, sun damaged, small, stumpy old people hands. They look horrible. I can never grow my nails and my skin is always so dry and the first place to get extremely dry, is my hands. This stuff is like a miracle worker for me. It may be a little more pricey than a lot of other hand creams out there but in my opinion, skin is worth splashing the money on because skin is so important as "you only get one". I really REALLY love this stuff, and I definitely think it helps with my nails and my nail beds as well. Highly recommend. 

Soap And Glory (next to Lush) has now become one of my favourite shower/bath product brands and this month I have been loving two of their products. The first one is called "Flake Away" the name of this product doesn't really sound that pleasing but its a massive help for my skin. Like I have said 55 thousand times, I do have quite dry, "flakey" skin at times, and when I saw this I thought great this is so going to help my skin out. The product inside is like a sugary exfoliater, it smells amazing, it feels amazing on the skin and all you have to do is rub it onto the dry places of your skin to get all the dead skin off. I love using this stuff, its affordable, and you can now get in Mecca Maxima in Australia which I am super pleased about. Would highly recommend if you have dry skin, even if its sensitive, don't worry, this isn't too harsh chemical wise and wont irritate your skin.
The next and final product from Soap And Glory I have been loving this month is of course the one product from Soap And Glory that I hear about the most, and that is the classic, Sugar Crush body wash/gel. When everyone said this scent was a sickly sweet scent, I was expecting it to smell like fairy floss or some kind of sugar candy. Personally, its not as sweet smelling as what I was expecting, however that could be me being use to smelling sickly sweet scents. Either way, I still love the smell of this product! Its just your average body wash, nothing special, but I just have been using this like crazy over this month, which is why I love it. 

Moving onto makeup products, I haven't really been loving a whole lot of them this month but the ones I have been loving, are definitely going to stay favourites for a long time. The first makeup product is from one of my favourite brands NYX and its the Dewy Finish Spray. I had been wanting to try this for a long time, and I fell in love with it instantly. I like to use this underneath my foundation and of course to set my entire makeup. This just makes my foundation look so flawless and of course dewy when I use it under the foundation as well as on top. It soaks up all the excess powder and makes my makeup last just that little bit longer as well as hydrating my face. This is definitely worth the small expense and I can't wait to try their matte spray version.  
My favourite concealer this month has been the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. Again, another product I had been wanting to try for a while and I love it. At first I didn't really like it, I think it smells like paint and I was concerned at the little coverage it gave, however I decided to start blending it in with my fingers, and it gave a nice light to medium coverage however on me acts as a nice under eye highlight. Its a great drug store concealer if you are looking at trying something different. I can't think of any high end concealers this may compare or be a dupe for but definitely give it a go. 

I don't really do much with my eyebrows if I am honest, they are naturally shaped the way I like them, they are thick and I wouldn't change them for the world. However over the past few months I have been filling in the ends of my eyebrows just to make them match up as one eyebrow sits higher than the other and one is a big thinner than the other. I have really been loving using this brow powder by NYX called their "Eyebrow Cake Powder" in dark brown/brunette. I use the dark brown shade as its a perfect match, not to red toned and not to grey toned. I love how easy this shadow is to apply to the brow with a nice angled brush and it looks super natural. I have been using this to death hence why its so mucky and I have almost hit pan. This is just a really great eyebrow powder. Highly recommend. 

The final makeup product I have been loving this month is the Maybelline Colour Whisper in the shade "Orange Attitude." This is the perfect spring/summer lip colour, I have had this for a very long time and still come back to it. Its not like your ordinary lip stick but no liquid lipstick pigmentation wise. This is ridiculously creamy on the lips and almost feels like a lip balm but gives the perfect amount of colour on the lips. I love orange and coral lip shades during the spring and summer everyone knows its the kind of lip colours I wear at this time of year. I just love this product and had to mention it. 

Now onto more random products and things I have also been loving this month. I have been really enjoying colouring in this month. There is just something about these colouring books and colouring in in general that is just so peaceful and calming to the body and mind. Whenever I am feeling anxious or stressed I whip this book out and just forget about everything that's going on around me. If you are a person that does get stressed, or suffers with anxiety definitely try colouring in. You can pick up these books pretty much anywhere, and I personally think Target has the best selection. 

Usually I would also add my music favourites for the month. However I have come up with the idea of dedicating a blog post every month updating you guys on all the new music being released that month, or my favourite songs/albums or artists of the month. This is so that my beauty/makeup product favourites don't go for too long and so its more enjoyable. So keep a look out tomorrow for a new blog post dedicated to my music favourites.

Thank you guys so much for reading this ridiculously long blog post! I hope you have enjoyed it. Let me know what your favourite products were this month, I would love to know, and until next time, have an amazing day or night! xx 

~ Its Emilee 

Comments

Popular Posts