2015 December Favourites + Goodbye 2015.

Who would of thought its already the end of 2015. Tomorrow night we bring in the new year in style or in the comfort of our own homes finding entertainment amongst ourselves. I hope your 2015 was amazing, I hope you all learnt something new, made mistakes, maybe even challenged yourself, or did something on your bucket list. If not, I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone in 2016 which is exactly what I will be doing. 

To send off the year, I thought it would be a good idea to do a FINAL favourites post for the year. So without further ado, here is my 2015, December favourites. Hope you enjoy! 

My "go to" eye-shadow when in doubt this month has been Make Up Geek's eye-shadow in Creme Brulee. This is a beautiful crease shade and goes with any shadow and look you want to do. You could say its my "go to" for everything and anything. I have been wearing this on days where I don't want to do a full on look but I just want to add a little extra something to deepen my eyes a little bit. Its just such a beautiful matte brown that's just great for everything, and for $6 USD you can't go wrong. 

I am a foundation brush addict. I feel like you can never have enough different foundation brushes just like you can't have enough blending eye brushes. Every foundation is different and looks better with different techniques and methods. However this month, I have been loving my Make Up Geek Foundation Stippling Brush. This just makes my foundation look absolutely flawless and blended. The foundation I have been using is my trusty Rimmel Wake Me Up in 103 I believe and it just works so awesome with this brush... I highly recommended these brushes, they are such good quality and feel amazing as well! 

This is an awful photo of this eyeliner but this has been another product I
have been using when I have been feeling a little bit lazy with my eye makeup. This is by Chi Chi and its one of their gel waterproof liners and its just a regular brown liner. Not sure if these actually have names because this was just a mini size I got in a giant eye palette. This doesn't lie when it says waterproof, I tell you that. It doesn't move at all, which means you have to be super quick when blending it out because it will dry super fast as its a gel liner. I feel like this could be a comparable product to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners? I have not yet tried them but I feel like this is what I would want them to feel like. I do prefer a brown liner than a black as it just makes a look more natural and casual toned not too harsh around the eyes which is something I prefer some days.
This next product I have been using absolutely every single day. Even days when I don't want to wear makeup or put actual powders in my brows. I just use this to of course set my brows in place. This is the Maybelline Brow Drama the clear one. The reason I get the clear one is because my brows are quite full and natural which means I don't need to add too much extra hairs or fill them in all that much. Just like any regular brow mascara it sets the brows perfectly for all day wear. I do find you need to be careful cause sometimes I find it lightens my brow powders if I do decide to fill mine in ever so slightly towards the tail end. However its a great cheaper alternative if you are wanting to try something new! 

This next product is what I am going to call a "cheat" product because I got this on Christmas but I kid you not, have used it every single day since and I just can't help but tell you all about it. This is the Elizabeth Arden lipstick in number 17 which is called Desert Rose. This may be a high end lipstick and you know I am all about that drug store but this truly is an amazing lipstick! This is just such a beautiful colour, its definitely a desert rose like colour, its not to nude, but also not to pink either on the lips. It definitely leans more towards an orange nude on my lips without making me look washed out. I got so many compliments from people when wearing this lipstick. You do need to re apply after drinking eating as its not a matte formula and it is creamy. The packaging is so freaking gorgeous and I love having it on display in my makeup storage. I definitely will repurchase when I run low or even try some other lipsticks from her range. They just feel so lovely and definitely worth the money in my opinion! 

Back to the drug store more affordable things now. I have been loving this concealer combo over this month, I have been using the Maybelline Better Skin concealer over any redness and spots and lumps on my face then I would use the Wake Me Up under my eyes and to highlight my face. These two concealers make my face look even more flawless and both last a really long time and don't crease at all or cake up on my dry skin. The Wake Me Up concealer is lovely and light under the eyes and super highlighting. I love that its a lighter, thinner consistency. I 100% prefer the WMU concealer to highlight and for under the eyes as it doesn't cover that well on redness and spots, and also doesn't work well by itself, but on top of a foundation nicely blended under the eyes and above cheekbones, it looks beautiful. The Maybelline one is definitely a more fuller coverage which is why I prefer it on spots and redness, again just like the WMU doesn't cake up on my skin and looks flawless and lasts all day. I wish we had the packaging of the WMU like America does but I still love it either way.  

I won't be including a book favourite this month as the book I've been reading I want to include in next months favourites blog post as I've only just started reading it. I also haven't included a perfume favourite this month either as this perfume I have been loving I don't think you can get anymore, its called Kylie Monogue Darling but like I said, I don't think you can actually get it anymore.

However I have tons of music favourites to share with you.
Some of my favourites include.... 

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
Demi Lovato - Stone Cold 
Troye Sivan's album Blue Neighbourhood (particularly the song Youth) 
Good Charlotte - Makeshift Love 
Rihanna - American Oxygen 

I have definitely loved a lot more pop music and Christmas music this month, next month I have a busy month for concerts and bands so I will have my favourite bands and songs favourites back then!! 

But that's it for December favourites this month, and more importantly, that's it from 2015. I just want to take this moment to thank each and every single one of you for even bothering to read this blog. When I started this blog, I knew no one would be reading it, but I just loved to write, now I have just a small handful of you who read it and I couldn't thank you enough. I hope you had an amazing 2015 and I hope you have an even better new year and 2016. I love you all very very much and I will catch you all next year!! 

Lots of love, and a happy new year! 

Love Emily xx 

Comments

Popular Posts