"What I Got For Christmas" 2015 Edition!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope everyone had the most amazing day possible and hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays! Also hope everyone took advantage of the amazing food that wouldn't be appropriate to eat any other time of year! My day was amazing, I spent the morning and afternoon with my family, with breakfast with my parents then a lovely afternoon at my Grandparents house with morning tea and lunch. Christmas is definitely one of my favourite holidays of the year, second to Halloween, so I always try to make the most of it with positive vibes and thoughts. 

This is the first Christmas I have had on my blog, and thought I would do a post with all the presents I received from my family here in Australia and New Zealand. Before anyone says anything, I feel like it is mandatory to do a small disclaimer. 

In no way shape or form, am I creating/writing this blog post to brag or boast about anything I have received this holiday season. I am very grateful for all the gifts I have received. There is a lot of families out there and children who don't receive nearly as many presents and my thoughts go out to them. My family like to spoil each other over the "silly season" treating ourselves with gifts. My family do like to go overboard and its just become tradition amongst ourselves. I am aware that no one really needs this many presents, but we all work very very hard to be able to afford and give these gifts to our loved ones.

Now with that short not so short disclaimer out of the way? I would love to share with you my gifts and I can tell you now, a lot of these gifts will most likely be featured in future blog posts. A lot of these are makeup and beauty related items. I am aware no one also needs this much makeup, but now that I am a professional makeup artist and a collector of makeup myself, I need to be able to expand and built my kit that I use on clients as well as some goodies for myself. So please keep that in mind! Anyway, lets begin!! 


One of the presents I had received, was a Beyonce Midnight Heat perfume. This is one of my holy grail perfumes that has quickly become one of my signature scents, every year and birthday I receive a bottle of this as its one of my favourite scents. I wish I could describe to you the scent but we would be here forever, and I am also horrendous at describing scents. 

To go in my studio and on top of my makeup vanity, is a compact beauty container. You simply place cotton buds, cotton balls and cotton pads in this acrylic container for storage and to make it easier to get things out when needed. This will be great when dealing with clients and to be professional and organised. 

While my grandparents were in Germany a few months ago now, they picked up genuine German bracelets. I thought this was so sweet, and I love that they are properly made with rope and rubber giving it a rustic look which I love! 

From my great Nana who lives in New Zealand, she sent over an amazing skin care pack made up of Dove products, in this little pack contained some wipes, cotton pads, two body soaps, and two hand towels and some cotton buds. I thought this would be great to split between myself and also for my makeup artist kit to use on clients! Such a great gift! 

One of the many makeup items/packs I received this Christmas, was this amazing Revlon lip product set. the contents include an amazing jumbo matte balm, a lip gloss, a lipstick and another lipstick/butter. I love Revlon lip products. Unfortunately I already have the shade in the lip bullet crayon, so I will be passing along to my friend to include in her Christmas presents. The colours in this collection are so Autumn and Winter appropriate and cannot wait to get them out during that time. 

I received another acrylic beauty holder. This is purely for makeup pads. You place a packet inside the tube and it dispenses out of the bottom which I think is just so creative and can't wait to have this in my studio!  

From one of my Aunty's in New Zealand, she sent me over a towel hair wrap. I love this, I have always wanted one because regular towels we have at home are just so heavy, but towels honestly dry your hair so much faster, and when you have thick long hair like mine you don't want to be spending ages blow drying nor go to bed with wet hair. 

For my car I got a Navman which is just a GPS system as my one no longer worked! 

I got 4 beautiful smelling roller ball perfumes. I really wanted some to just chuck in my handbag for when I have clients that day or for my course. I got two Justin Bieber ones, Girlfriend and Someday. I also got Nicki Minaj and also a Taylor Swift one as well. 

I received another Revlon lip set. This time with two beautiful pink shades, one in a matte formula and one in a glossy balm formula. I am supper excited to use these! 

In my stocking was "A Sentence A Day Book" I cannot wait for the new year to start filling this book out! Hopefully I actually stick to it... 

I also received the Paper Towns DVD and book together! I have not read the book yet, and I actually watched the movie before writing this post. Not going to lie, I thought it was great but I had such high expectations it left me a little underwhelmed for a few reasons... which maybe I will explain another day. 

I am so excited about this next one. I got the Family Feud board game! I am such a grandma, I love board games and have been dying to get this! Last year they sold out which is why I am so happy I got it this year!! 

I also got Dan and Phil's book, AGAIN another item I was absolutely busting to get! I have already started reading it! 

My mum put together her own, Lush gift box for me! It is filled with all sorts of Lush goodies which maybe I will do a whole blog post on as it has some of my all time favourite products in it!! 

Its hard to see in the picture, but mum also purchased a music note Pandora charm to add to my bracelet! I absolutely love it! 

I got another acrylic compact for my beauty products, this one will be going in my bathroom for when I do my skincare and remove my makeup in there. 

I got two NYX lip product sets! One has three lovely butter glosses and the other is the ultimate butter glosses with out there colours! Super excited to bust these out! 

I am so excited about this next one, I got a bucket list book, its just a book to write down all of my bucket list things I want to do, where I can fill it out, and when I have completed something I can put a picture in it and fill out out as completed! I also got some cute pens with it! 

I got a massive NYX eye shadow pallet, but not only does it have eye shadows and some pressed pigments, it also slides out to reveal 3 bronzer's, a highlighter, 3 blushes and also some lip glosses in the bottom. This is such an amazing travel set and cannot wait to use it! Maybe I will do some tutorials with it during the new year! 

Another grandma moment, I received the original Scrabble board game as another stocking stuffer! I need friends thought...

Another thing I received was a Clarins skincare kit! It had a whole load of products targeted for dry to normal skin which is definitely my category. I have already tried some of the products and love them already!!  

My mum knows my love for bands, so she got me a cute ACDC shirt. Its one of those shirts with the cut outs down the sides? You know the ones I am talking about right... I hope... I lost the photos of it so bare with me!! 

LASTLY, I got another Revlon makeup pack! This one had a beautiful neutral eye shadow quad that I used today in my makeup, and it lasted all day and looked so beautiful. It also came with a cute heart compact mirror, a ultimate suede lipstick, which is one of my favourite lipsticks out there, and also came with a beautiful pink nail polish! 

That's it! I know there is a lot here but like I said in my disclaimer, my family likes to go overboard with gifts, which I am so grateful for because I know a lot of people out there don't receive anything, or can afford it. Definitely expect to see a lot of these products in future blog posts! 

If you enjoyed this blog post, don't forget to like it, let me know what you got for Christmas! I would love to know!! If you like this blog post, I might do another one next year! But only if you like it of course!! Thank you guys so much for reading, I hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and if I don't upload my two part secret blog posts over the next week, I shall see you all next year!! 

Happy holidays!! 

Love Emily. 

Comments

  1. hi Emily! I was wondering what your thoughts are on the massive NYX kit with the eyeshadows, because I was looking at it in Target and was thinking of getting it but I'd to know what you think! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!! I so far love it! I haven't experimented too much with it however I have used some f the shades and loved them, they were super easy to blend and pigmented and lasted all night on new years eve! Under it has a few bronzers and blushes and a highlighter and some lipsticks in pots. I haven't tried the pot lipsticks, but I tried one of the blushes and it was pigmented and easy to blend as well and super pretty, the bronzers look like they are a bit too dark for me and the highlighter was a nice light highlighter but better of using it as a base then putting another highlighter over the top! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Okay thanks!!! Also, I just got done reading Dan & Phil's book and I think you'll LOVE it! And the Paper Towns book is 100% better than the movie :)

      Delete
    3. Yes! I started reading their book the other week and have loved it so far! :) Yeah I watched the movie and was honestly so underwhelmed by it but I know the book will be way better!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts