FIRST IMPRESSION/REVIEW Cover-Girl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation

Hello everybody!! I am back with a new blog post for you all! Today's blog post is a first impression/review on the Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous liquid Foundation. I have mine in the shade 105 Classic Ivory. I am just going to get straight into it, telling you guys all about this foundation, what it claims to do, all that good stuff, so lets begin! 
This foundation is an oil free foundation, claims to give a fresh natural complexion, that lasts all day, blends easily to even the skin tone and also is shine free. It also claims that it wont clog pores and is suitable for sensitive skin. A lot of this I can agree with if I'm honest.

I firstly want to talk about the colour of the foundation, the colour was okay, I probably could of gone a shade darker but they didn't have any testers in store so I had to guess. There isn't a huge variety of shades if I'm honest. The drug store does lack good foundations with a great range of colours however there are definitely some hidden gems out there which are my favourites so check out previous blog posts if you want to know more about those. (If you are going to get a foundation and you are in doubt, its better to get a foundation that's a little bit too light for you than a darker foundation. Its so much easier to darken your foundation with bronzer and blusher than it is to lighten a foundation that's not suited for you. So just a little tip there! So for me the colour was just that little bit too light and therefore had to darken it.)

I applied this foundation with my trusty flat top Makeup Geek kabuki  style brush, which is what I use to blend in every single one of my foundations and then I go in with a beauty blender afterwards. This foundation was super easy to blend out, the consistency of the foundation was thin and watery yet it still gave a nice even coverage. (I did have to use a primer on my whole face this time as I was going to a concert but still thought this would be a great test for this foundation. Normally if I am testing foundations I will prime half of my face but I just really wanted to get this up for you guys.)

I would say it was a medium coverage foundation, there was still some redness and blemishes showing through. I did try to build up the coverage over the areas where redness was still showing and it honestly did blend in well and you could get away with it, but I would say it did go a little bit more cakey and thick on those areas which I feel like most foundations do. However with one layer you can still get away with a nice natural looking finish just apply some concealer to those areas you want to hide.

Even though this foundation looks flawless from a distance and on camera (no flash), it definitely still looks like you are wearing foundation, particularly up close, so do be mindful of that. When I was applying this foundation I did notice the scent of it, it is very strong and does smell like sunscreen. On the packaging it doesn't say it has SPF in it, unless I can't see it on the packaging or it just has that scent to it, I don't know. It doesn't look that great in flash photography to be honest, definitely go for a more luxurious foundation if you want to take flash photography or a SPF free foundation.

Aside from that, it didn't sink into any of my pores or fine lines, it looked smooth on the skin, also didn't cling to any dry patches what so ever which is always a big thumbs up for me as I always have a problem with foundations doing that.

There wasn't any tackiness to my skin before I set it. It set to a demi matte finish, it wasn't completely matte but there was definitely some glow coming from the foundation which honestly looked really lovely. Next time I probably wont use a powder over the top, I normally don't as my skin is quite dry however I wanted my foundation to last throughout the day and evening.

The foundation honestly lasted so well throughout the day. I was out in the sun/heat and running around and at a concert as well and it lasted the entire time. Not going to lie, it did rub off on some parts of my face from rubbing my face. I am a bit of a face toucher and always notice certain areas fading faster than others. 

Over all I did like this foundation, its not my favourite in my collection but I will definitely continue to use it for sure! Please let me know what other foundations you would like me to test out whether its from the drug store or high end I would love to know and hear your thoughts. If you have used this foundation please let me know what your experience was with it and what you like or maybe not like about it. 

I think that is everything I have to say! My next blog post will be part two of my mini series I have going at the moment. If you haven't seen part one, definitely check it out, its up on my blog now! I am definitely thinking of starting up YouTube videos so please let me know if you would be interested in seeing videos! 

Thank you guys so much for reading, and until next time, I will talk to you all, very soon! 

Emily xo 

Comments

Popular Posts