PART 1 "Products I used up in 2015" Hair/Beauty Edition!

Hello everybody! Welcome to part 1 of my two part series I will be doing on my blog over this upcoming week! Throughout these two part posts, I will be showing and discussing with you guys, all the products I used up over 2015. What products I loved, what I didn't like so much, what I have repurchased and will continue to use in 2016. 
Part 1 is going to be all the hair products, beauty/skin care products I used up, and also some perfumes and other little bits and pieces. Part two will of course contain all the makeup removers I used, and makeup products! 

So without further ado, grab a snack or three because its going to be a long one! 

I used up A LOT of shampoos and conditioners over 2015. I used up tons of Tresemme products and Tony & Guy however I didn't keep any empty bottles but I did use up this and keep because I know I wanted to tell you guys about it. This is from Schwarzkopf and this is a shampoo and conditioner form their extra repair range with 3x liquid keratin in it. I basically picked this up thinking it would be amazing on my awfully damaged and dry hair. I didn't like this at all, I didn't even use it up. I didn't like the way it made my hair feel. I could only get about 2 days out of my hair before I had to wash it again. It just made my hair feel and look oily. I just didn't like it, I felt like it just clung to my hair as well and was so difficult to wash out. So this for me was a let down and obviously have not repurchased. 

This next product looks a little mucky I'm so sorry but I took this everywhere with me over 2015. This is the Clarins Nail and Hand Treatment Cream. I feel like there are so many hand creams out there that are all the same, do the same thing etc. HOWEVER, this is a whole other level! This stuff is no joke... this just is incredible I can't even begin to explain. This makes my hands look so young and youthful, and I know what you think, I am young they should be nice, but they are literally old people hands. I have so many lines and sun damage on my hands and this cream just makes them look so amazing. I also think it does straighten my nails as well, its one of the best hand creams out there and I have repurchased as well! 


I used up a leave in hair conditioner, this is by Goldwell and its their Dual Senses. This is basically a 5 in 1 treatment for you hair. Its great if you have damaged, dry, treated hair like myself. I purchased this from my hairdresser and I will be going back to repurchase as I keep forgetting. This made my hair feel and look amazing. The ends of my hair looked healthy and replenished with moisture. My hair suffers a lot with dying it, bleaching, the sun, using heat on my hair and brushing it lots trying to get out all the knots. So this is just a massive boost! 

I used up a few body moisturisers over the year. My holy grail moisturiser is by Palmers and its their Coco Butter Formula. This stuff is amazing for dry skin. I don't use this on my face of course, its a really thick formula. Soaks into the skin so well. I used up a spray bottle of it which was just so quick and easy, and two bottles of it. This makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated and also slightly tans your skin. It doesn't do any crazy tanning but just adds a nice tinge to it. It also helps prolong your natural tan you have and also your fake one if you do have a fake tan! It can be a little pricey this stuff depending where you get it, but definitely worth it if you have super dry skin! 


I used up a detangler cream this is by Stefan hair salons. This was gifted to me, and I did use it up completely. I probably wont repurchase but this did actually work really well in my hair. Since my hair is so long and thick it just gets knotty every time I wash it. I usually would throw a good amount of this in my hair after I have washed it before I brush it and it helps get the knots out easily! I am just not a fan of Stefan products and not too keen on the scent of this product as well! However it did work really well so if this is something you are interested in giving a go, try this one, its probably one of Stefan's better products.


 

I used up a couple of Batiste dry shampoos. Not going to go into too much detail about these as they have been highly spoken about in blogs and YouTube videos. Its a cult favourite and of course I have repurchased heaps and will continue to use Batiste. Its so affordable and such amazing quality as well. I just love it! 


I used up another hair treatment, this is from Vita 5 and its their Phase one Soothing Cream. When I purchased this, I wanted something that was going to help control the frizz in my hair and add some moisture back as well. The lady recommended this, It claims to control frizz and flyaway, add moisture and also to be used as a heat protector. I tried it, didn't love it I'm afraid. This just gave my hair a weird texture or just didn't work how it should of. Its a cream, so I need to use a ridiculous amount in my hair to actually notice any big results. Wasn't keen on this product, including its scent, its also quite expensive, therefore wont repurchase in the new year. 

This stuff was mentioned in a favourites post I believe and I will be repurchasing when I go back to a counter. This is by Soap & Glory, its their Scrub Of Your Life, body scrub! I loved this stuff! Aside from the fact it smelt amazing, it just made my skin look and feel incredible! When you have dry skin, its so important to ex foliate and this just made ex foliating so enjoyable! I don't know what else to say about this, its just amazing and highly recommend.  

This next product looks so mucky in the photo, I apologise, but I just loved these so much. This is the Clarins Daily Energiser Cream moisturiser. I LOVE this, its my holy grail moisturiser. This honestly comes in such heavy small glass packaging which isn't great for travailing BUT a little bit goes such a long way. It is expensive, yes, but I think its more important to spend lots of money on great skincare products before makeup. Before you can have good makeup, you have to have good skincare and this is just amazing on my skin. I love that its a salmon pink tone moisturiser which just neutralises my redness and brings out my natural skin tones on my face. Its such a thick but also light consistency moisturiser which is why a little bit goes such a long way. I love this stuff! And have since repurchased and also trying out another moisturiser from Clarins! 

My favourite hair spray for 2015 was the Urban Fudge Iced Raspberry and Vanilla hair spray. This stuff, smells amazing, the packaging is amazing. Its so affordable and you can get it pretty much anywhere I believe. This stuff is incredible, it holds my thick long hair in place for all day wear. Doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy like most hair sprays give. Its so lightweight and can hardly feel it in your hair. Its so great if you live in a humid country like myself, where you step aside in the summer time and your hair goes up like Monica in that Friends episode. (If you watch Friends you will know what I am talking about) This is great because it will tame down those fly-away's and prevent it from happening throughout the day! I love this stuff, have already repurchased but would love to try some other hair sprays so let me know what your favourite hairspray is! 

I used up a mini of the Clarins Daily Energiser Wake Up Booster. I actually used up a full size of this product as well but must have thrown out the bottle. However this stuff is amazing. I would use this in the morning of course just after I've woken up, before I put on my moisturiser I would put this on with a round cotton pad and it would just freshen up my skin, wake it up a little bit, add some brightness to my skin and also add moisture back into my skin as well! I need to repurchase this because its just such an amazing product! It also evens out my skin tone as well and this paired with the moisturiser I mentioned before by Clarins, its a hand in hand product. 

Now finally moving onto two scents I used up over 2015. I of course used up so much more than this, but majority of it was repeat bottles of this perfume, which is Midnight Heat by Beyonce'. I love this scent so much, it was pretty much my staple scent of 2015 and everyone knew what I was wearing. So if you ever want to know what I smell like, give it a whif because its so incredible. I can't even describe to you what the scent is, its definitely a flower youthful scent but its so hard to describe. A lot of celebrity perfumes don't last that well or long on some peoples skin as opposed to branded perfumes such as Marc Jacobs, Dior or Chanel, however this does last a reasonably long time on my skin and I don't mind buying heaps of bottles of this! I have honestly used up so many bottles but have just kept throwing them out. Make sure you get this purple one because she does do two other Heat perfumes but I love the purple one!


Lastly for scents, is this Merley Musk scent from Impulse. Its a body mist so its not a perfume but in no way a deodorant. Its an amazing lemon grass, woody beautiful lavender scent and comes in the cutest packaging, so nice to just chuck in your handbag. However I am super upset because I cannot seem to find this ANYWHERE anymore. I know Impulse changed their packaging to a plain looking packaging so maybe I just need to read every bottle but I really loved this scent and I wish they didn't change their packaging, and its so cheap as well!

That's it, that's all my skincare beauty and also hair products that I have used up during 2015. Some of these I loved, some not so much and I hope you enjoyed this long post. Towards the end of the week I will be sharing with you my makeup bits and pieces I used up over last year!

Thank you guys so much for reading and until next time, I shall talk to you all VERY soon!

-Emily

Comments

Popular Posts