First Impression/Review (Loreal Infallible 24HR Foundation)

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing new year, whether you spent it at home or you went out on the town, I hope everyone enjoyed their last moments of 2015 and welcomed in 2016 with a positive vibe and a smile. I have so many blog posts planned for you guys, which I can't wait to upload and share with you! 

Today I have a first impression/review on the Loreal Infallible, 24 hour liquid foundation. I have seen a lot of people use and love this foundation so I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. The reason I haven't tried it sooner is because it is quite pricey. It retails around the $31 mark in some places, however I did purchase this on sale so was a little bit cheaper. The shade I have is 120 Vanilla, so lets get into it. 

The photo to the left here, is a picture of me without any foundation on. Please don't judge me, I don't have the most flawless skin out there! 


I decided to prime one side of my face and not prime the other so test for longevity and also application as I know a lot of people do actually use primer regularly. I decided to apply the foundation with a flat top kabuki style brush from Make Up Geek and I also used a beauty blender to blend off any excess product which is what I do with every and any foundation I own. 
The foundation applied really smooth on both sides of my face, I definitely think it blended better on the primed side of my face as opposed to the un-primed. The foundation is a medium coverage, I personally wouldn't say its that buildable, as I did try to build up certain areas on my face where I have blemishes and redness however it did start to look a little cakey. 

I would suggest keeping the foundation away from the under-eye area which you should always do anyway for the sake of your skin in the long run but it did build up under my eyes and cake up ever so slightly. My skin type is quite dry to sometimes dehydrated for those who want to know and want to use this as a reference. 

At the touch, this foundation does feel SLIGHTLY tacky once its been blended out, however once its sat on the skin for a little bit, it does dry to a powder texture. I still do think it transfers, even though it says on the bottle no transfer, however definitely not as much as some of my other foundations. Overall I thought the foundation looked really nice and flawless and smooth on my skin. It didn't cling to any of my dry patches. I did think it sunk into some of my pores and also fine lines on my forehead and chin ever so slightly, however that honestly didn't bother me because I wasn't able to notice it from far away, its just up close you can notice. 

Before Rest Of Makeup Completed
It is definitely more of a satin matte finish, there isn't much of a glow to this foundation, which I prefer in the winter time, however it is summer here in  Australia so did seem a little off or me as I like to look fresh and dewy during the spring and summer months, however nothing a little blush and bronzer and highlighter can't fix. 

The colour match was perfect for me, and didn't oxidise what so ever on my skin. My makeup did last throughout the day. After a few hours of wearing it I noticed it did fade around the tops of my forehead and also jawline which is normal for me as I am a face toucher and tend to play with my hair a lot so that's probably the reason for that. 

I didn't notice too much of a difference longevity wise between the primed and un-primed side of my face, they both lasted really really well and looks super nice and flawless. I do think close up this foundation did start to look a little bit powdery and cakey throughout the wearing of this, not something you can notice from far away but up close you can definitely notice it on fine hairs on your face and fine lines and things. 

I would 110% not recommend using this foundation when you will be at an event where there is flash photography. There is an SPF of 18+ in this foundation which means there is QUITE a heavy white cast effect on the photos. I did actually test it and it made me look so awful I don't even want to share it with you. It made the fine lines appear, and also looks super cakey with flash photography on as well. 

Another thing I noticed straight away when applying this foundation was the scent. It definitely has a sunscreen like smell to it, so just keep that in mind, however once its on your face and been sitting there, you can't smell it on your skin only when applying. 

From a distance, it honestly doesn't look like you are wearing foundation, that's probably also because the colour match was perfect for me, so make sure you do test your colours in store before purchasing! 

I was definitely not going to wear this foundation for 24 hours, however I did wear a good days worth today. It withstood sweat, heat and some water because I did actually go out in the light sprinkle of rain. 
Full Face COMPLETED 

The thing I love most about this foundation is how flawless and smooth it did initially look on my skin and the texture of it. However you can definitely feel the foundation on your skin as it is a thick consistency in my opinion. I also love that it didn't break up, cake up or cling to any of my dry patches on my skin which is what I look for in foundation, and for a powder finish foundation that's not completely dewy that really surprised me. 

Either way I did like this foundation and definitely worth investing in if you want to try something new! Really impressed by it. Will I still continue to use this? Of course I will. Will I use it at events and party's? Probably not due to the flash photography. Will I repurchase it? Maybe, depending if I still love my go to, holy grail foundations.

I hope you guys enjoyed this foundation review and first impression. I actually really liked this foundation. If you have tried this foundation let me know how it went for you, I would love to know! If there is any foundations out there you would like me to try and review I would love to hear your suggestions as well! I am always looking for new foundations that are amazing for my skin/skin type so please suggest away! 

Thank you guys so much for reading, and I shall talk to you all again in my next blog post! 

-Emily x 




Comments

Popular Posts