The "I Heart Drugstore" Tag (Collaboration)

I HEART DRUGSTORE TAG

Hi there guys! I am back with another blog post for you all! This ones blogpost is a little different to normal, I am actually doing this in collaboration with my amazing friend, Caitlyn who also has her very own blog which I will leave all the links bellow for you to check out too and read her blog posts! Caitlyn and myself are both doing the same tag on both our blogs so once you've finished reading mine definitely give Caitlyn's a look as well, she is an amazing blogger you definitely wont be disappointed! 

Today's tag blog post is all about the drug store. As you guys may or may not know, I love drugstore products. I definitely own more drugstore products than I do high end. There is some amazing hidden gems out there amongst the drugstore and we are here to tell you all about them! So without further ado, lets get into it! 

Question #1: What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
My favourite drugstore makeup brand probably has to be Chi Chi cosmetics. Even though you can't access Chi Chi all around the world at counters or at chemists, you can find it in Target here in Australia and they do ship worldwide so definitely worth checking out! Chi Chi is amazing for any product what so ever. They do a whole range of products from face products all the way to lips. I haven't come across a bad product so far with this brand and I definitely reach for their product more than other brands. 

Question #2: What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products? 
My favourite face products like foundation and powders definitely come from Rimmel and Maybelline. The Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation is my all time favourite foundation. It just sits so well on my skin and lasts so long and looks amazing! My favourite cheek products are from colour-pop! I love their blushes and highlighters to death! My favourite lip products are from Chi Chi and Nyx. I definitely have to say the NYX matte lip creams are probably my favourite liquid lipstick formulas! 

Question #3: What is your least favourite product?
I have a few. The Loreal CC cream, the anti redness one was awful, I really didn't like it and wasn't worth the price. Also the Revlon Colourstay foundation was awful on my skin, I don't see what people like about it as it just looked awful on my skin. 

Question #4: What is the best makeup bargain? 
I'm not too sure about this question if I am honest. There is so many mascaras and lipsticks out there that are true hidden gems and bargains that you definitely shouldn't give a miss. However I definitely think NYX lip liners are such a bargain as they are so comparable to Mac lip liners and only a fraction of the price! 

Question #5: What is your favourite underdog product? 
Again, not to sure on this question, I think there is so many products in the drug store that I have tried and have yet to try that are true gems and are definitely worth trying. However the Chi Chi Natural Wall of Shimmer is definitely an amazing face highlighter and looks so similar to Bobbi Brown packaging! Its one of my favourites. 

Question #6: A drugstore product that is overpriced? 
To be honest, here in Australia, everything is so far over priced especially makeup wise. I definitely think the Revlon Colourstay liquid foundation is by far the most over priced foundation I have seen out there. It is around the $30 mark and its not worth it in my opinion. 

Question #7: Best drugstore dupes? 
Definitely the Chi Chi and NYX lip liners are dupes for Mac lip liners, if not better, as they are so creamy, last a super long time and they are wind up liners not wooden ones so makes application much more easier. 

and finally,

Question #8: Which drugstore product isn't worth the hype? 
I think you might be able to guess what product I am going to say and that's again the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. I really didn't like it, it sad so visibly on my skin, sunk into fine lines and pores, it cracks and broke up on my face and clung to dry patches even though I got the dry to normal skin formula as they have a couple. It also didn't last all day. I do have to say the colour selection is quite good being a drugstore product but it just looked awful on my skin. 

And that's it, I hope you guys enjoyed this little blog post and found it useful or interesting! Let me know what are some of your favourite drugstore brands and products and things that have disappointed you, I would love to know! Just keep in mind we all have different skin, different preferences and not everything is going to work the same on everyone. I definitely didn't mean to mention the Revlon foundation so often in this video but I couldn't answer the questions any other way!

Don't forget to check out Caitlyn's blog post as well! She answered the same 8 questions so head on over to her blog and check out what she loves and dislikes in the drugstore!! 

Thank you so much to Caitlyn for asking me to be apart of this collaboration. I love working with people and sharing our thoughts together. I hope you guys enjoyed it as well and found it interesting! 

All of Caitlyn's links will be bellow and until next time, I will talk to you all, very soon! 

-Emily 

CAITLYN'S LINKS: 
Caitlyn's Twitter: www.twitter.com/caitytaylor_x 
Caitlyn's Instagram: caitytaylor_x
Caitlyn's Google + 

Comments

  1. Amazing!! Thanks for collabing with me Emily, we should do it again in the future!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts